blu-ray doesn't play smoothly
Hello folks,

I recently bought a new pc so i could play blu-ray disks on my HTPC, i've bought the following products.

Case - MS-Tech MC-700 - micro ATX - power supply 350 Watt ( SFX12V 2.3 ) - black

Motherboard - ASUS M4A78-EM - micro ATX - AMD 780G -
Socket AM2+ - UDMA133, SATA-300 (RAID), eSATA - Gigabit
Ethernet - video - H

Processor - 1 x AMD Athlon II X2 250 / 3 GHz - Socket
AM3 - L2 2 MB ( 2 x 1 MB )

Memory - Kingston ValueRAM - 2 GB : 2 x 1 GB - DIMM 240-pins - DDR2 - 667 MHz / PC2-5300 - CL5 - 1.8 V -

Hard-disk - 2x 500gb 7200RPM 1x320gb 7200RPM(this is where linux is installed)

But now my problem is that the blu-ray movies doesn't play smooth, its like there is a little lag around every 10 sec. then it drops from ~24fps to ~21fps and that happens every time.

But AVCHD movies play smooth no problem with these.

And mkv files from 1080p movies also play smooth

Its just the blu-ray disks that doesn't play smooth :confused2:

Linux Ubuntu (karmic) is installed, same with xbmc, and xbmc is setted as start session. So it wont boot Ubuntu first.

Further more i've tried other Memory and that were these: Memory - OCZ Reaper HPC Edition Dual Channel - 2 GB : 2 x 1 GB - DIMM 240-pins - DDR2 - 1150 MHz / PC2-9200

The problem did still exist with those memory modules. And i really don't know what to do anymore. Could someone help me with this problem? i could give more information but now i dont know what to post moreBlush

Thnx in advance,
Aprate
Perhaps a full debug? (while playing the bluray)
[XBMC-DX r31103 T! r455]
.:LAPTOP:. Dell [C2D E6400] [8G DDR2] [Intel X4500HD] [LED 14'' 1280*800@60p]
.:NAS:. Antec [Ci7 920] [12G DDR3] [Matrox m9148] [19.4 TiB] [Triple Samsung 22'' 5040*1050@60p]
.:HTPC:. Antec [C2 Q9400] [6G DDR2] [nv GT240 VP4] [SB X-FI Ti] [Toshiba 46'' 1920*1080@24p] [Logitech Z5K5]
okay thx i will look into that tomorrow.
so i made 2 logs 1 with a non lagging part, and later it lags,
the second one i resumed on the lagging part so it begins directly, the cpu is on 1005 as far as i could see but the second core isn't yet on 100% so that shouldn't be a problem i guess Confused

First log with a non lagging part and as last a lagging part.
http://www.mediafire.com/?fnllljmowzj

Second log with directly a lagging part because it was resumed
http://www.mediafire.com/?mzkw1mrlyld

Hopefully you can see whats wrong, because i couldn't find it Sad
You need to turn on debug logging first and then restart xbmc to get a proper log.
Also you should use http://www.pastebin.com for posting logs.
oh oke sorry then i will give it a new try. thnx

EDIT here is the log Smile
http://pastebin.com/KGhNSzGJ

on first it lagged a little then it went smooth and then it was lagging horribly. Hopefully this is a proper log Smile

oh and these are the movie specification if you need them

RELEASE NAME: Avatar.2009.1080p.BluRay.DTS.x264-ESiR
RUNTiME: 2:41:41
SiZE: 20.9 GB
ViDEO CODEC: x264
FRAMERATE: 23.976
BiTRATE: 17082kbps
RESOLUTiON: 1920x1080 (16:9 full frame)
AUDiO: English DTS 5.1 1509kbps
SOURCE: Avatar 2009 1080p Blu-ray EUR AVC DTS-HD MA 5.1
Code:
for i in /proc/sys/kernel/sched_domain/*; do
echo $(( `cat "$i/domain0/flags"` | 16 )) > "$i/domain0/flags";
done
Try executing that as root.
If it works stick it in /etc/rc.local.
going to try it Smile hold on a sec

i typed in terminal:
Quote:sudo for i in /proc/sys/kernel/sched_domain/*; do
done

and after i did that i got this fault:
Quote:bash: syntaxfout nabij onverwacht symbool 'do'
translated to english hehe
bash: syntax fault close unexpected symbol 'do'
first do "sudo -i". then that.
oki i will try that as soon as i get the time Wink thnx for answering
sorry for my late reply but here are my new findings.

I've sticked
Code:
for i in /proc/sys/kernel/sched_domain/*; do
done
in the /etc/rc.local file before the "exit 0" command which was already in there. But the movie still lags, i've also made a new log.

this log is made when the above line was inserted into /etc/rc.local
log: http://pastebin.com/E6yzrw4J
Check if the core load is even.
the core load is not even cpu 0 was on like 0.5% and cpu 1 on like 58%.
i've looked here on the forum, google etc. but i can't find out why my pc wont use multithreaded Video decoding.. because i think this is the problem. Could someone help me out with this ?
@Aprate

Hi,

I don't think that your machine is the problem. I'm running into the freakin' judder problem with the Avatar BluRay. See my post at the last pages of these thread:

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=67420&page=13

Here my failure description:
Quote:Now that I got everything to work, I'm running into a problem with the Avatar BluRay. It has every 2-5s a slight judder. Every other BluRay or videofile is playing extremly smooth (running on 24fps). I asume it's because of how makeMKV handles the BD protection. The load on one core is much higher at Avatar (50%) than for example Transformers (8-10%).
Is anybody else having problems with Avatar?

I suggest you'll try to check out a different BluRay... I've already tried around 10 Discs, only Avatar has the problem. And it's the only one with a high load on one of the CPU cores. But the load on the core shouldn't normally be the reason for this judder. I think it's because of the way how MakeMKV emulates the virtual java machine, for decryption of the video stream. Or XBMC has a problem with the high bit rate M2TS.

Perhaps you can try this: Rip the Avatar BluRay without recompile. And try to play the file on your machine, when it's running fine, it's definitely the on-the-fly decryption. I couldn't try this yet on mine.
running: XBMC 9.11 liveCD testing: XBMC SVN/ yaVDR 0.1.1

C2D E5200, XFX 9300, 4GB Corsair DDR2, BD-ROM, 160GB 2,5" HDD, Technotrend TT1600 DVB-S2; all in a MS-Tech 1200 enclosure with PSU Fan Mod

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
blu-ray doesn't play smoothly0