How to use plugins with the new addons system
Hi folks, I wouldn't normally use unstable builds; but since getting an asrock 330 I needed a build with dxva.

Alot seems to have changed and alot of stuff is broken. Now all I want to do is add a couple of video plugins, revision3 and apple movie trailers. I see there is a plugins folder with type.name.etc type names on folders and an addon.xml for each. I don't see any plugins in this folder to use as an example on how to add these video plugins.

Can anyone point me in the right direction?
I have the same question. There are some plugins that are supposedly already "converted" to the addon format but installing these the same way I installed working skins doesn't work. They don't show up anywhere, not in the addons menu, not in the video plugins section, nothing.

Here are the ones I know of:

http://code.google.com/p/passion-xbmc/so...unk/addons

If you have luck, please report back.
Just had a go at adding a plugin, but nothing shows up at all in xbmc. Not under addons or anything. Seems to be broken at the moment...
it might help if people knew what build of xbmc you are currently running since the way addons work has changed alot with some of the recent builds.
I'm running build 30704.
Insert stupid, uninformed post here.
no. this is the perfect example why we haven't published this info properly yet. cause shit has already changed since that was valid...
Build r30746 here pal.
Build: r30898

I tried replicating the file system first.
(changed "xbtweet" to "script.xbtweet")
then created a file named "addon.xml"
with all the information pertaining to the script (got the format from "addon.xml" in the rss script)

Script showed up in XBMC, however always had an error.
I do not need help in getting it to work (kinda want to figure this out on my own)

thought this information might be of some use to those who want to do this
isamu.dragon Wrote:I do not need help in getting it to work (kinda want to figure this out on my own)

I do. Have you gotten any further with this?
Guess not.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
How to use plugins with the new addons system0