Slow opening of folders
I saw my power options and the hard disks never turn off.

Thanks anyway for the hint.

Maybe is something related to drivers, don't know.

I am sure we will find a solution soon, it's not possible only a few guys have this problem.

PS: Currently using XBMC r31168
BTW, if you have another 2nd computer free to use, you could try to install XBMC on it with an empty database and just try to add say 10 movies and see the result with the speed in folders ? I mean that could be a good way to ensure that it's not your library itself which could create this behaviour
[XBMC-DX r31103 T! r455]
.:LAPTOP:. Dell [C2D E6400] [8G DDR2] [Intel X4500HD] [LED 14'' 1280*800@60p]
.:NAS:. Antec [Ci7 920] [12G DDR3] [Matrox m9148] [19.4 TiB] [Triple Samsung 22'' 5040*1050@60p]
.:HTPC:. Antec [C2 Q9400] [6G DDR2] [nv GT240 VP4] [SB X-FI Ti] [Toshiba 46'' 1920*1080@24p] [Logitech Z5K5]
dondre Wrote:BTW, if you have another 2nd computer free to use, you could try to install XBMC on it with an empty database and just try to add say 10 movies and see the result with the speed in folders ? I mean that could be a good way to ensure that it's not your library itself which could create this behaviour

I tried installing clean on the same computer, and the library wasn't the issue. I would get a delay getting the folder listing to come up even if I didn't add any locations yet.
I'm also noticing the same thing after updating to a newer SVN. I've tried three XBMC builds: one of the unofficial sshcs builds (31158), the newest posted to the official XBMC nightly mirror (31168), and I built my own from the SVN (31187), same results with all three.

You can view the log of me selecting "VIDEOS", "PICTURES", and "MUSIC" from the main menu below:

http://pastebin.com/raw.php?i=pwvpBNfx

After selecting any of those, or browsing any folders, the debug info that runs on the top temporarily freezes while XBMC waits for the folder to open. This usually takes around 5 seconds. My hard drive is definitely not going to sleep. I don't have any antivirus or firewalls enabled, either.

I tried this out on another machine and found the same issue.
I'm grasping at straws here, but there must be something common about our setups. maruchan re-created this on another machine, but I was unable to re-create it on two other machines.

Got me thinking...what size hard drive is in the boxes? I have a 2TB WD (along with a 1.5TB Samsung and a 1TB WD) in the machine having the problem. The other two computers don't have a drive larger than 1TB (one has 2 1TB drives, the other only has 320GB drives).

In the machine with the problem, only the 1TB is partitioned. The other two large drives, the 1.5 TB and 2TB ones, are formatted as one single partition.
I disconnected my 1,5 TB drive and my NAS and the problem remains.

Only my 500 GB drive where the Win7 64Bits and XBMC is installed was connected.
My machines are as follows:

- C2D running Win 7 x64, 6 GB of RAM and a 500 gigabyte hard drive with three partitions. Gigabyte motherboard.

- Athlon II X2 running Win 7 x64, 2 GB of RAM, and a 640 gigabyte hard drive with two partitions. ASUS motherboard.

I'll try reverting back to the 2xxxx series builds to see if the problem persists, as it was introduced with upgrading recently.
Hi there,

same here - two different machines - same results in all latest builds (from 30xxx on). Whether it's NAS storage linked, mounted, smb or just local collection.

h3ll ...Eek
Could anyone test builds 30892 and 30929? 30892 has quick folder browsing for me, but at 30929 navigating through folders is extremely slow. This is with the DX installer builds from sshcs on Win 7 x64.
Experiencing the same phenomena here from Rev29504 onwards.
I have the same issue on both my Win7 XBMC pc's yet both my mac mini and two apple tvs are fine Sad

all running the latest SVN build 31294

hope the DEV's can shed some light on this....
Just for information - seems to be fixed in latest svn.

Cheers,

h3ll
really?

That's great news

I can only try sunday.

other guys please report.
But therefore it doesn't seem to enter file views anymore - have to press back couple of times to see the file list - don't know if it has something to do with it ...

Aaargh ...
You probably have a default source set.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Slow opening of folders0