Installing on Asus AT3N7A-I nVidia ION
Please, can someone help me setup a simple XBMC installation on Asus AT3N7A-I nVidia ION?

i tried everything and been reinstalling xbmc machine 8 times within the last days, but I can't get a stable xbmc installation, I hope there is a trick for the problem, since I cant get it working decent.

Main issues: Sounds! I keep having issues with sounds working and then not, sounds work in XBMC menus, but when trying to play audio or video no sounds, reboot and it works. I Noticed if I have any of the alsa configuration files from xci I have no sounds in the videos, I have to remove the file in /etc/asound.conf and reboot. Secondly if I run any scripts, lets say grooveshark xbmc crashes and I have to reboot the computer 3-4 times before I get sounds again.
Now the more annoying part is, videos play in fast forward, mickey mouse style, and I cant get it working, I keep rebooting and then if lucky I get it just normal playback. but this is just unacceptible, I cant find any menu options to change playback speed, looked everywhere!

On top of the instability issues, and it has no difference if I use ubuntu karmic or lucid, I just cant understand why this can be so hard, where is the stable and working XBMC? what is going on?

I just really want a clean and good installation, something my kids can use, not where I have to spend 2hours debugging it before I can play 1 video for the kids.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Installing on Asus AT3N7A-I nVidia ION0