• 62(current)
[DEPRECIATED] XBMC Subtitles - Addon Script (previously OpenSubtitles OSD)
2.3.7 is on Github if anyone cares to test

Code:
- fixed: sratim.co.il movie search bug, thanks to orivar
- added: option to copy two sub files to the destination, needed in sub+idx cases. Thanks to orivar
- Bulgarian string fix, thx to Radoslav
Hi. I'm fairly new to xbmc and have a question about this add-on. When I try download subtitles the add-on says downloading and then displays failed to extra the file.

I'm using xbmc Live Dharma. Do I need to install something to unzip or extract the sub files?
Acer Revo R3610 | 2GB Ram | 160GB HDD
XBMCbuntu Frodo installed to HDD
Logitech Harmony One Remote
xbmc_on_revo Wrote:Hi. I'm fairly new to xbmc and have a question about this add-on. When I try download subtitles the add-on says downloading and then displays failed to extra the file.

I'm using xbmc Live Dharma. Do I need to install something to unzip or extract the sub files?

you dont need to install anything extra for it to work, you could paste the log on pastebin.com maybe there is something there to help us identify the error
Thanks for the quick reply.

The log is huge so I just pasted the part that's relevant I think. If you require more of the log let me know and I'll paste the full thing.
xbmc log
xbmc_on_revo Wrote:Thanks for the quick reply.

The log is huge so I just pasted the part that's relevant I think. If you require more of the log let me know and I'll paste the full thing.
xbmc log

we dont play well with stacked movies, it will need some major changes in addon code to support it... maybe one day I'll get to it Sad
amet Wrote:we dont play well with stacked movies, it will need some major changes in addon code to support it... maybe one day I'll get to it Sad
Ah, when you say stacked you mean movies split into multiple files? If so I can join them as long as I know that's all the problem is. Thanks.
xbmc_on_revo Wrote:Ah, when you say stacked you mean movies split into multiple files?

yes, thats what I mean
Thumbs Up 
amet Wrote:Debug log??

Just to report back:

DEBUG: ### [XBMC Subtitles-services.Podnapisi.service] - File Hash [Error]

So, I've ticked Disable hash search and everything is okay now.

Cheers...
Djape Wrote:Just to report back:

DEBUG: ### [XBMC Subtitles-services.Podnapisi.service] - File Hash [Error]

So, I've ticked Disable hash search and everything is okay now.

Cheers...

still would have been nice to see the issue and try to fix it so it doesnt fail, anyway.. thanks for letting us know
2.3.8 has support for stacked movies, anyone feel like checking it out?

Code:
- added: support for stack:// files (CD1/CD2)
I'm currently using OpenELEC release, I noticed that, subtitle plugin is not downloading subtitles. Any way to make it work?

thanks
kim1406 Wrote:I'm currently using OpenELEC release, I noticed that, subtitle plugin is not downloading subtitles. Any way to make it work?

thanks

disable hash and set an alternative download folder for the subtitles in Addon settings
monspop Wrote:When i try to access the subtitles when Iam watching a movie/tv show I just get "script failed" when i click the subtitles icon.

Iam running XBMC in portable mode on a external USB drive.

Log: http://pastebin.com/9SjXPyXL
Line 149 and forward

Hope you can help and thanks for a otherwise great addon.

Posted this question a while ago but didnt get a answer? Still hoping for your help! Love the addon on my other setup.
monspop Wrote:Posted this question a while ago but didnt get a answer? Still hoping for your help! Love the addon on my other setup.

I cant reproduce it on osx/atv2 setups ... mr_blobby couldnt repro on normal win instalation.. anyone else with the issue as above?
System: Apple TV 2 running 10.0.7.

Skin: Confluence

Issue: I have not located the area where the download path is enabled/specified under Settings/Add-Ons (I can select XBMC Subtitles under Video OSD; no other options available).

Assistance much appreciated. Thanks.
  • 62(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[DEPRECIATED] XBMC Subtitles - Addon Script (previously OpenSubtitles OSD)7