No video after installing Win7 x64 Ultimate
Question 
Debug log: http://pastebin.org/325490

XBMC version: XBMCSetup-Rev27556-dx

I had Vista and everything was working fine.
I formatted and installed Win7 x64 Ultimate and immediately installed Sharks Win7 codecs (although pretty sure not important because the XBMC wiki states the codecs needed are included in XBMC anyway)

I go to play a video and get the GUI to stop, FF, rewind, etc, and hear the audio, but see no video just a black screen.

The files work fine in Windows Media Player so it shouldn't be a codec issue.

I saw in the wiki that when this happens it is generally because the video card doesn't have Pixel Shader greater than 2.0 but my Radeon X1200 has 4.0 (at least reported by GPU-Z)

I have tried uninstalling all XBMC and deleting the roaming folder and the Program Files folder and installing again with the same result. I even tried the latest stable build on XBMC.org (9.11)

I am using HDMI out to my TV and thought maybe it would be a multi-monitor issue, but the videos still play fine in other media players and also when a regular VGA monitor is hooked up.

Any help would be appreciated!
So it turns out DirectX was the culprit. I thought at first it was installing successfully but it wasn't.
When I would try to reinstall it just to cover all my bases I would get an error that would tell me to check the DXError.log file
I finally found that file in C:\Windows\Logs (it told me to just look in C:\Windows for it)

In that log was the error:
The requested operation cannot be performed on a file with a user-mappedsection open.

I searched Google for it and several people reported AVG was the error.
I thought maybe it could be from me using Remote Desktop from work in order to work on my computer.
I simply rebooted, reinstalled the Jun10 DirectX and now I have video playback.

Thanks all!
Big Grin
Hi i think i'm having the same problem as you.

I did have a perfect working x64 system tho Confused

I'll reinstall directx and see if that fixes it.

Have you run windows update and downloaded all the latest updates?

Thanks
Samsung LE46C750 46" 3D, denon 1909 7.1 av,
Xtreamer Ultra 2 Delux,
3 x Dlink DNS-323 = 12TB = 4500+ Movies and 16000+ TV epps

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
No video after installing Win7 x64 Ultimate0