Music playback not working..
Basically I choose the song and it doesn't play. If I run XBMC as an admin it plays them fine but then intelliremote doesnt pass on my remote functions! I've searched and looked in the logs but can't figure it out. Any help greatly appreciated.

OS: Windows 7 X64 (unsure on patches, all available updates have been applied)
CPU: Intel Q6600
RAM: 4GB
Video Card: XFX ATI 4870 XXX Edition with latest driver
Sound Card: ASUS D2X Xonar with latest driver
Remote: Emprex 3009 RF
Version: Current Stable Release: Camelot
Skin: Aeon (Tried changing skin to confluence and still the same)
Debug log: http://pastebin.com/43JSFanm

If you need any more info let me know!

Thanks in advance.
Might be wrong, but think that xbmc has to be run with administration rights. May need to consider a different approach for the remote, or a different remote entirely.

Have a look at this http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid...min+rights - might help.
I read that it doesn't have to be run with admin rights. Someone said don't run it with admin rights report what isn't working in another thread I read.

Thanks for the reply Smile

Anyone got any ideas?
smiffy1989 Wrote:I read that it doesn't have to be run with admin rights. Someone said don't run it with admin rights report what isn't working in another thread I read.

Thanks for the reply Smile

Anyone got any ideas?
Link if possible please to the thread. Thanks
It's weird that you don't get playback. Can you explicitely set the output in your audio settings, and try WASAPI too just in case.

XBMC doesn't need admin rights except for weird situations with the portable mode, which doesn't seem to be the case here.

edit: if suggestion doesn't help, please post a log in admin mode. Something might jump out.
edit2: there's information missing from the debug log, please don't edit.
Always read the Kodi online-manual, the FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail Kodi Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules (wiki).
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
Thanks for the reply. I didnt edit the log, but here is another. I didnt close XBMC down in the first one, I read that I should have.

This is without admin rights (not working): http://pastebin.com/TJnQrbP7

With admin rights (working): http://pastebin.com/sXhT7frE

Audio output is explicitly set to go through my sound card. The progress bar doesn't move when I select a song. Sound from movies outputs fine.

Not sure what WASAPI is but i'll look it up and get back to you.

Thanks Smile
Found the problem, Vista is not rejecting a buffer format that it should. Do you have the latest Xonar driver installed?

edit: geez, I need to get some sleep. You wrote you already had the latest drivers. Vista and Win 7 are the same wrt LOCHARDWARE flag.
Always read the Kodi online-manual, the FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail Kodi Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules (wiki).
Thats gone straight over my head lol! Any solution? Smile
1. Something I forgot to ask: does it happen only when playing music? What about video/movies?

2. Let's make sure it hasn't been fixed in the dev versions already. Please try the last nightly release. They're not stable and the database format changed, so back up your user data if you want to be able to go back to 9.11 without rescraping everything.

You will find a DirectSound and WASAPI driver options in the audio settings, try both.
No news = working?
CrystalP Wrote:1. Something I forgot to ask: does it happen only when playing music? What about video/movies?

2. Let's make sure it hasn't been fixed in the dev versions already. Please try the last nightly release. They're not stable and the database format changed, so back up your user data if you want to be able to go back to 9.11 without rescraping everything.

You will find a DirectSound and WASAPI driver options in the audio settings, try both.

I couldn't tell if smiffy1989 got his problem fixed or not, and I have the same problem, so I thought I'd resurrect this thread.

For my system;

XBMC plays DVDs with sound working, no problems.

XBMC sound effects work as they should

XBMC will not start playing audio only streams (wave, mp3, or internet radio stations). If I play a song or radio station, then pause, then unpause, the stream will play. If the stream is a song on an album, XBMC will continue on to the next song without failure.

I have a Xonar DX sound card with the latest driver downloaded from Asus's website, running Win XP Pro, an EVGA GeForce 210 video card running Nvidia's 191.07 driver (this loads a second second set of sound device drivers (Nvidia High Definition Audio)). Both the OS and XBMC are set to the Xonar driver for sound output, and both work.

One last note:
I installed the sound card last Saturday, just adding the card to the existing PC set-up, and it worked. Yesterday, I wiped everything, doing a fresh Win XP install to correct other problems. When I re-installed XBMC 9.11, I had the problem.

Link to Log:
http://pastebin.com/bDEKp8XW
lhwidget, first, congrats on a problem report with lots of information Smile

It's not the problem of the original poster because you're on XP and the original report was for a very Vista-specific glitch.

Please try a recent nightly version. The problem may have already been fixed.

If not, I'd need a complete debug log of you opening XBMC and playing a local file (mp3, wav, not really important), and doing the 'pause/unpause' dance.
Let's take internet radio and streams out of the equation for now.

Does the problem also happen with the graphics card audio output and motherboard audio (if any)?
CrystalP Wrote:lhwidget, first, congrats on a problem report with lots of information Smile

It's not the problem of the original poster because you're on XP and the original report was for a very Vista-specific glitch.

Please try a recent nightly version. The problem may have already been fixed.

If not, I'd need a complete debug log of you opening XBMC and playing a local file (mp3, wav, not really important), and doing the 'pause/unpause' dance.
Let's take internet radio and streams out of the equation for now.

Does the problem also happen with the graphics card audio output and motherboard audio (if any)?

No drivers installed for the on-board sound chip. I haven't tried the Nvidia audio (not sure if it really works for me, I'm using the Xonar DX's analog audio outputs, I was assuming its purpose was to get a digital soundstream into the HDMI connector).

OK, just tried it. Sound effects seem to work in windows, but it doesn't appear that windows is accepting the change. I switch the driver in the mixer properties dialog box and say OK. When I re-open the mixer properties dialog, it is still switched to the Xonar driver.

After making the change to the Nvidia driver in XBMC, it would not make any sound.

Something to note though -
Using the Xonar driver in XBMC, the playback counter wouldn't start counting until after I pressed pause/play. Then the sound would start and the counter would run.

Using the Nvidia driver in XBMC, pressing play would start the counter, but no sound. Pressing pause/play just stopped and started the counter, would not start the sound.

I posted a de-bug log of the problem (including the pause/unpause action and subsequent playback) in my previous post. Here is a de-bug log with the switch to the Nvidia driver with an album playback, and a switch back to the Xonar driver and playback with the pause/unpause action again.

http://pastebin.com/wEZV1yCg

Are full executables posted for the nightly builds?
http://pastebin.com/6mupGYiu

I have been having the same problem for a while now, I don't really use my media center for music though so I haven't really looked into it. This debug log is taken from the latest SVN (31359) and I hope it is what you are looking for. I am running Win7 x64 and have a Xonar sound card with the latest drivers installed.
garugaga Wrote:http://pastebin.com/6mupGYiu

I have been having the same problem for a while now, I don't really use my media center for music though so I haven't really looked into it. This debug log is taken from the latest SVN (31359) and I hope it is what you are looking for. I am running Win7 x64 and have a Xonar sound card with the latest drivers installed.

Will yours start playing if you pause, then unpause it like mine? I take it DVDs play with sound?

CrystalP,
I've had no problems with XBMC, v9.11 since I installed it about 2 months ago.

I try it with a Xonar sound card and boom, no workee.
I try it with the Nvidia driver, no sound, but the counter runs.
Garugaga's makes two Xonars not working.

I know it's not a trend, but it looks a bit suspiscious...

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Music playback not working..0