Music playback not working..
Yes, videos and dvds play fine, there is no problem there. They only way that I can get music to play is to pause and unpause it. I have my ati hdmi audio installed, I'll try that today after work and see if it plays properly. I personally think that it has something to do with the Xonars.

Edit: I just set it to WASAPI and it works fine now
garugaga Wrote:Yes, videos and dvds play fine, there is no problem there. They only way that I can get music to play is to pause and unpause it. I have my ati hdmi audio installed, I'll try that today after work and see if it plays properly. I personally think that it has something to do with the Xonars.

Edit: I just set it to WASAPI and it works fine now

Garugaga,
I'm glad you found a fix. That's good to know.

CrystalP,
Help! I'm running Win XP Pro, SP3. WASAPI isn't available to me...
I think that I've found the solution, I just tested this out on my system and it worked. All that I had to do was open the Xonar control panel and turn off the GX DSP setting, it's in the bottom left corner. Now that I did that my Directsound worked fine. Give that a try, it might be that easy
garugaga Wrote:I think that I've found the solution, I just tested this out on my system and it worked. All that I had to do was open the Xonar control panel and turn off the GX DSP setting, it's in the bottom left corner. Now that I did that my Directsound worked fine. Give that a try, it might be that easy

Thanks, I'll double check, but I left all sound processing turned off when I installed the card...
Thanks garugaga, that was it after all.

I found that the bottom right button, marked GX was on (green hilight lit). The display said none under DSP MODE, so I ignored it.

I did two things:
Toggeled through the DSP modes and watched the mode change (I have no idea if this re-initiallized a buffer somewhere or not...)

I turned off the GX switch.

Now XBMC will start playing files (waves, mp3s, internet streams, etc) just like it should.
That's weird but if it works... Smile Does it survive a reboot?
Always read the Kodi online-manual, the FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail Kodi Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules (wiki).
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
CrystalP Wrote:That's weird but if it works... Smile Does it survive a reboot?

Yes. The driver remembers that the switch has been changed.

It doesn't seem that weird to me though. There's some kind of low level software incompatability caused by that DSP mode.
Right, what's weird to me is that it breaks with the DSP processing. Must be fixable, but hard to figure out without access to the hardware or a user who can debug.
Always read the Kodi online-manual, the FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail Kodi Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules (wiki).
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
Sorry I forgot all about this! Only just remembered about it after updating to Dharma. Found the solution on another forum, which has been mentioned here too. Just had to toggle DS3D GX in the bottom right of the Xonar control panel. Thanks for the help.

Much appreciated! Smile

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Music playback not working..0