• 79(current)
v12 reFocus 0.9.5 for Frodo (deprecated)
Could someone make a quick video of how the PVR looks with reFocus ? I don't have a tuner card right now, but i'll guess a sneak peek would make my decision to buy one a lot easier. Smile
Quote:Originally Posted by Sranshaft View Post
Found one more thing, I know I'm sorry... The animation while entering the home screen is severely choppy. This is on a ATI HD 5450 so it should be able to handle most things and does fine for the majority of the animations. It just chokes on the home screen animation. I feel it's bottlenecking with the slide animation of the menu combined with the fade in animation of the background.

I think it may also have something to do with loading up the recentlyadded script. But this is only on startup right, not when re-entering home from movies for example?

Same here on my ion330. Everytime when going back from movies or tv shows, it is a bit choppy. This wasn't before
Is updating to the nightlies the only way to fix the recentlyadded bug? Sad

Fine work either way Jereon. Smile
Great new version as expected. Thanks Jeroen.
I've fixed some translation error in Korean strings.
Please update => this <= for next update.

Plus.
I've found a tiny little bug in music section.

In list view of Music-Artists, texture fallback does not work properly.
Line 56 in MyMusicNav.xml
<texture fallback="thumbs/artist_landscape.png" background="true">$INFO[ListItem.Property(Fanart_Image)]</texture>

and a mistype in line 523 in includes.xml
<label>$LOCALIZE[21893] $INFO[ListItem.Property(Artist_Born)]</label>
Sranshaft Wrote:Ran into one more bug...I swear, it's the last one for today. Laugh
The more you find, the better it will get so thanks Smile

Eoghlear Wrote:Same here on my ion330. Everytime when going back from movies or tv shows, it is a bit choppy. This wasn't before
I have to say I don't notice any slowdown, but I will see what I can do. I'll compare and see what's different from earlier versions.

matt1697 Wrote:Is updating to the nightlies the only way to fix the recentlyadded bug? Sad
You could try what Galefury posted about this. That works for me too on XBMC 10.1, unfortunately then it breaks when I'm on a nightly build Sad

I'll be releasing a bugfix release soon, and a nightly build is probably going to be a requirement for that. I just don't have the time to develop for two versions (three with the PVR included) of XBMC, and since reFocus hasn't reached 1.0 I feel I have to choose for keeping up with bleeding edge XBMC.

epoke Wrote:Great new version as expected. Thanks Jeroen.
I've fixed some translation error in Korean strings.
Thanks, updated Smile

Quote:Plus.
I've found a tiny little bug in music section.
and a mistype in line 523 in includes.xml
Both fixed, thanks Smile
I'm the only one who thinks the round edges for covers and backdrops looked better that the sharp ones ? Maybe I have a phobia for sharp edges, but I hate the new look so much, I still use the 0.8.9.6 version. I'm sorry, Jeroen, I've eagerly awaited the new version, but the last one just looks better.
reFocus - Simply the best
moontan77 Wrote:For movies that don't have studio logos, a question mark appears instead. Can it just be left blank instead of showing the question mark?
Yeah, I'll probably do that. I've been doubting that one to begin with.

Eoghlear Wrote:Why are all my settings returned to default after the update?
See the release post.

Quote:And will you implemend a toggable setting for seperate movies/tv show on the main menu?
Nope, sorry. Providing a toggle for that isn't as trivial as it may sound. Yes, they are easily added to the main menu, but a whole second structure of the menu would have to created in order to do it properly.

On a related note, there are plans for XBMC regarding home menus in this regard. It will become easier for users to customize home menus without skinners needing to provide countless conditions and settings.

So, any investment in that area would currently feel like a waste of time to me.
In YouTube add-on, big list view, it shows some generic image, not the thumbnail. However, the thumbnail appears in the other views, but distorted.
Also, romanian string's special characters don't display correctly. Probably the program you used to open it didn't saved the characters. Just download the string again (I'll send the link if you don't have anymore) and just rename it.
In Slide View, the description of the TV Show almost overlaps with the name of the show. Also, the font is smaller compared with 0.8.

reFocus - Simply the best
Galefury Wrote:In YouTube add-on, big list view, it shows some generic image, not the thumbnail. However, the thumbnail appears in the other views, but distorted.
Also, romanian string's special characters don't display correctly. Probably the program you used to open it didn't saved the characters. Just download the string again (I'll send the link if you don't have anymore) and just rename it.

Hm ok, big list view shouldn't even be available for add-ons. The add-on is probably reporting movies as it's content type. I'll see what I can do about it.

I think I still have the link, will look into that
On the apple trailers plugin, the posters are very small in the list view. They were a lot bigger in the old version (and it looked a lot better).
moontan77 Wrote:On the apple trailers plugin, the posters are very small in the list view. They were a lot bigger in the old version (and it looked a lot better).

There are no AMT specific posters, they are the same as the ones for movies. And those are actually bigger than before.
If they really are much smaller there's something else going on and a screenshot would help.
I have pulled 0.9 for now.

There's too many weird thing happening at the moment that I can't explain. AMT stopped working for me before, and now practically every add-on fails to start.

Bugs show up in the compiled version of 0.9 that don't show up in my uncompiled version, bugs I cannot reproduce, etc.

It has become totally unclear for me what is causing what, if it's the skin or something wrong with my XBMC install. This way I cannot concentrate on what's really important.

I am going to nuke my db and profiles and uninstall my XBMC install(s) and concentrate on getting the issues reported here fixed first. When that feels right, I will re-release 0.9.
Jeroen Wrote:I am going to nuke my db and profiles and uninstall my XBMC install(s) and concentrate on getting the issues reported here fixed first. When that feels right, I will re-release 0.9.

This is basically what I just did. With all the nightlies, the databases were piling up. I literally had 5 versions of the video database. I even had a really strange bug appear where I was getting negative unwatched episodes but I'm sure that was caused by something in the XBMC core... Laugh

I'll let you know my results but on a cursory glance, I'm still getting the bugs I reported earlier. Though the unwatched overlays are appearing now so that, hopefully, is one bug down.
Jeroen Wrote:Nope, sorry. Providing a toggle for that isn't as trivial as it may sound. Yes, they are easily added to the main menu, but a whole second structure of the menu would have to created in order to do it properly.

On a related note, there are plans for XBMC regarding home menus in this regard. It will become easier for users to customize home menus without skinners needing to provide countless conditions and settings.

So, any investment in that area would currently feel like a waste of time to me.

Understood. Will changa manually the next few releases.
Was your reFocus 0.9 version tested with nigthlies? I haven't tried night because I was afraid that the skin won't work like expected and I don't like Confluence.

If you tell me it's working I'll test the builds I've found for Mac with PVR.

A little offtopic, databases are backed up after you update to Eden?

I hope you can solve all skin errors (I have none of them on march 6th nigthly) and everyone can enjoy this awsome skin.

Cheers!
  • 79(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
reFocus 0.9.5 for Frodo (deprecated)14