• 5(current)
SHOUTcast (Plugin) Music Addon support?
What happens if you install rc2, does it fail then?
I love this add-on, but it has recently stopped working for me. tried to uninstall and reinstall the add-on, but no luck.

I'm running Dharma RC2 on Ubuntu 10.04.

My debug log: http://pastebin.com/6PY5Z97m

Thanks
Not working for me either, Dharma RC2. Full Log

Error:
Code:
14:18:27 T:1144 M:1206444032   DEBUG: ------ Window Deinit (DialogKeyboard.xml) ------
14:18:27 T:3044 M:1206444032   DEBUG: ### [Shoutcast] - SEARCH URL: http://yp.shoutcast.com/sbin/newxml.phtml?search=Radio+Paradise
14:18:27 T:3044 M:1206239232   DEBUG: LoadLibraryExA called with flags:
                                             - LOAD_WITH_ALTERED_SEARCH_PATH
14:18:27 T:3044 M:1206239232   DEBUG: Win32DllLoader::Load(special://xbmc/system/python/DLLs\pyexpat.pyd)
14:18:27 T:3044 M:1206173696    INFO: -->Python script returned the following error<--
14:18:27 T:3044 M:1206173696   ERROR: Error Type: xml.parsers.expat.ExpatError
14:18:27 T:3044 M:1206173696   ERROR: Error Contents: no element found: line 1, column 0
14:18:27 T:3044 M:1205989376   ERROR: Traceback (most recent call last):
                                              File "C:\Users\foconnor\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\plugin.audio.shoutcast\default.py", line 169, in ?
                                                keyboard()
                                              File "C:\Users\foconnor\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\plugin.audio.shoutcast\default.py", line 65, in keyboard
                                                doSearch(kb.getText())
                                              File "C:\Users\foconnor\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\plugin.audio.shoutcast\default.py", line 74, in doSearch
                                                node = minidom.parseString(link).firstChild
                                              File "special://xbmc/system/python/Lib\xml\dom\minidom.py", line 1925, in parseString
                                                return expatbuilder.parseString(string)
                                              File "special://xbmc/system/python/Lib\xml\dom\expatbuilder.py", line 940, in parseString
                                                return builder.parseString(string)
                                              File "special://xbmc/system/python/Lib\xml\dom\expatbuilder.py", line 223, in parseString
                                                parser.Parse(string, True)
                                            ExpatError: no element found: line 1, column 0
14:18:27 T:3044 M:1205989376    INFO: -->End of Python script error report<--
14:18:27 T:1144 M:1205940224   DEBUG: ------ Window Init (DialogKaiToast.xml) ------
14:18:27 T:3044 M:1205932032    INFO: Python script stopped

Can't search for a station by string, or list all stations. This is a fresh RC2 install with a fresh install of the add-on.
Confirmed Sad

their API has changed, we'll have to see if we can get into their developer program as the new API requires a developer key for access.
Wow, i miss this, i mean, i use shoutcast EVERY day without fail!, At Least some of my favourites from shoutcast are still working for some reason!!

Come back soooonnnn!!!!
falafael Wrote:Wow, i miss this, i mean, i use shoutcast EVERY day without fail!, At Least some of my favourites from shoutcast are still working for some reason!!

Come back soooonnnn!!!!

the favourites you have set up will still work, the issue is with accessing their api to do search and listing
falafael Wrote:Wow, i miss this, i mean, i use shoutcast EVERY day without fail!, At Least some of my favourites from shoutcast are still working for some reason!!

Come back soooonnnn!!!!

Indeed, I think more people use shoutcast w/xbmc as its primary function than the team realizes...to them it seems to be the poor stepchild instead of a key feature...

funny it breaks just as dharma is released. perfect fodder for the slew of reviewers waiting for dharma final...
dittrich Wrote:Indeed, I think more people use shoutcast w/xbmc as its primary function than the team realizes...to them it seems to be the poor stepchild instead of a key feature...

funny it breaks just as dharma is released. perfect fodder for the slew of reviewers waiting for dharma final...

there have been 9,204 downloads of the shoutcast add-on in December alone, that is on Dharma, we have no info on how many users there are on Camelot that use Shoutcast.

we have sent few e-mails requesting the developer/partner key but have been told :

Quote:Please feel free to email us at the end of January 2011 to check on the
status of the partner program. We appreciate your patience.

there is nothing we can do until they grant us the key Sad

we are aware of the need for it and have done all we could to get it but its unfortunately out of our hands, we seem to be getting automated e-mail responses.

more info on APi and developer program, here

Cheers,
amet
thanks for the update amet. I'm really going to miss shoutcast for the next few weeks.

what good alternatives do we have in other xbmc addons to tide us over?
It's still working via the Navi-X script.
Thanks Amet. Hopefully they'll respond sooner rather than later...
I dunno...after reading through the Nullsoft 'Shoutcast Partner' License Agreement, it's not looking too rosy. Need a key to access the API & to get a key you have to agree to their (kinda scary) terms...

Anyone know of an alternative internet radio directory service?
http://dir.xiph.org/index.php
Looks like it's nothing new I guess...

http://news.slashdot.org/story/10/06/21/...-Provision
Man I hate this as well....used shoutcast everyday via XBMC...sad news indeed. Is there anyway to add SomaFM and Sofaspace w/ out shoutcast?
  • 5(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
SHOUTcast (Plugin) Music Addon support?0