Aeon-Showmix Project
It's really sad that Azido has ended the Showmix project. I like this skin very much, and I haven't been able to find any replacement for it. Therefore I hoping that someone else will continue the development of this skin and make it compatible with the new builds of xbmc.

@chimping
The mods you have done is really nice, will implement this on my installation too.
To clarify : I am not a skinner, i've just set the download links i had.
So if really this project will have a future, depends if any skinner outside there will take time to keep this skin up to date. Till then, use xbmc camelot stable release and everything is fine.

Cheers
maybe we should ask the other aeon mods ith someone would add the features we like most Smile
shouldn't be that much.

for me the Lowlist view with it's extrathumbs and trailers is all i need ^^
Tension113 Wrote:I was hoping Andy would update the extras.py file.. but he's been silent for awhile now.. I can edit skins, but I'm clueless with this python stuff.. The changes to recentlyadded need to be applied and the Deviantart option no longer works either..

Fixing the recently added/random widgets was on my list of things to do... As it turns out it wasn't that difficult to fix up - just had to adjust the fields to match the new database structure. Here's a "fixed" extras.py. I'm using mysql and it works - I haven't tested it with the SQLite but I assume it's the same schema?

Tension113 Wrote:I noticed the Dharma compatible link on the first page isn't the latest copy of Showmix.. There were a few changes since that one was released.. One of them being the positioning of the menu fonts..

You can download all the changes between the dharma compatible download and r186 from sourcefourge (http://sourceforge.net/projects/showmix/).
Nice! Thank you for sharing that chimping.. Just tried it out and all is good again in my little xbmc world.. I modified my copy of Showmix a bit and that was the only thing holding me back from using Dharma daily.. I am now up to date finally Big Grin
i am interested in helping out with getting this project back on track also will see what i can contribute
are the fonts in showmix open source i haven't looked into this but i think they are not because we had to have a separate font download when installing. am i correct in saying that if this is true?? we will have to find a replacement to truly make this dharma compatible.. the fonts used in showmix are awesome i prefer them to any of the other aeon mods.Huh
ZombieRobot Wrote:are the fonts in showmix open source i haven't looked into this but i think they are not because we had to have a separate font download when installing. am i correct in saying that if this is true?? we will have to find a replacement to truly make this dharma compatible.. the fonts used in showmix are awesome i prefer them to any of the other aeon mods.Huh

Yes you're right. The fonts must be downloaded separately. It's really cool that you can keep this skin alive.
Thanx.
Hi all - great to see that this skin is getting the renewed attention it deserves (bringing up to the current skin format etc).

I am having one problem, and it might be just me, but in the current build of the Showmix (Dharma compatible) and the latest SVN (28th August Build) I am unable to see the "movies" menu item.

Noteably "Videos" is there also otherwise.

I then go in to "customise" the Menu, and find that the "Movie" option is toggled as on (along with all the others). I trie then to untoggle videos and leave movies toggled on and this made no difference (not sure what I expected it to do).

I have also tried using the skin with a 31/07/2010 buid of XBMC - to no avail.

Here are a couple of screenies (Click to enlarge);

The Menu (Home)

The Cusomisation Menu/Settings:

I cant help but think I am probably missing something completely - just cant put my finger on it right now.

Any advice/suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Would prefere to use this over Aeon65 right now (personal preference).
Arkronis Wrote:Hi all - great to see that this skin is getting the renewed attention it deserves (bringing up to the current skin format etc).

I am having one problem, and it might be just me, but in the current build of the Showmix (Dharma compatible) and the latest SVN (28th August Build) I am unable to see the "movies" menu item.

Noteably "Videos" is there also otherwise.

I then go in to "customise" the Menu, and find that the "Movie" option is toggled as on (along with all the others). I trie then to untoggle videos and leave movies toggled on and this made no difference (not sure what I expected it to do).

I have also tried using the skin with a 31/07/2010 buid of XBMC - to no avail.

Here are a couple of screenies (Click to enlarge);

The Menu (Home)

The Cusomisation Menu/Settings:

I cant help but think I am probably missing something completely - just cant put my finger on it right now.

Any advice/suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Would prefere to use this over Aeon65 right now (personal preference).

you have movies in your database? if not, then the button is invisible.
Donate: https://kodi.tv/contribute/donate (foundation), 146Gr48FqHM7TPB9q33HHv6uWpgQqdz1yk (BTC personal)
Estuary: Kodis new default skin - ExtendedInfo Script - KodiDevKit
i have made some progress addons can now be accessed inside settings all addons can be installed just got to work on the look of the addons browser will update progress when thats done. also got to look at what needs to be changed to make showmix fully dharma ready again i think the font has to be changed still haven't looked into whether or not it is open source
ZombieRobot Wrote:i have made some progress addons can now be accessed inside settings all addons can be installed just got to work on the look of the addons browser will update progress when thats done. also got to look at what needs to be changed to make showmix fully dharma ready again i think the font has to be changed still haven't looked into whether or not it is open source

Good news mate. Looking forward to try it.

Cheers
phil65 Wrote:you have movies in your database? if not, then the button is invisible.

*Slaps Own Forehead* - Doh!!

Well indeed that was why Confused - Thank you Phil65 Smile
Love to have this again
ok i got stark/aeon working the way i want but i really like the low list on showmix. before i upgrade i have a couple of questions....

1. showmix only works with dharma?
2. is this the same dharma that came out on the 30th?
3. which showmix download should i go with, the download from the first post or the one that chimpy put up?
4. in what directory do i drop chimpy's VideoOSD.xml into?

anything else i am missing?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Aeon-Showmix Project1