Add support for Windows 7 libraries
Some background info:

http://windowsteamblog.com/windows/b/dev...aries.aspx
http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/...85%29.aspx

The reason I ask for this is simple: in a server-client situation, both under Windows, getting libraries support would greatly simplify files handling on the server side.
No interest at all?
And yet, it is not a Windows-only product...
Try asking spiff for it (just don't give up, he usually gives in).
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
The problem is that it it is very platform-specific.
this is suitable for a plugin. no reason to have it in core.
A plugin would be great. I wasn't thinking about this being mandatory or anything. As time goes by, though, I think lots of people would find it useful.

Also, I know it's not Windows only, but that hasn't stopped DXVA2 from being supported. Smile

Thanks for the answers, I hope sooner or later somebody capable enough will tackle this (I'm unfortunately unable to).

Edit: to clarify, I'm suggesting just basic support, ie. being able to navigate to libraries and add those as a media source. Nothing more. As it is now, it's like libraries are invisible to the program.
GJones Wrote:And yet, it is not a Windows-only product...
So? What negative impact would supporting it have on non-Windows users?
it being windows specific is irrelevant as such. but there are a gazillion ways to store information about movies/building a library out there and we can't, nor do we have any desire to, support them all in the core.
spiff Wrote:it being windows specific is irrelevant as such. but there are a gazillion ways to store information about movies/building a library out there and we can't, nor do we have any desire to, support them all in the core.

Thank you for saying that much better than I could.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Add support for Windows 7 libraries0