(bug?) skin "gone" because of accents?
I think I found a strange bug. I'm not really sure if this is the right forum for it, please move in that case.

I was revising my addon.xml and MaDDoGo made a spanish translation of the summary for me.

Once I added the translation:

Quote:<description lang="es">reFocus es el rediseño del skin Focus, lanzado el 2007. Aunque la experiencia visual es bastante distinta, la filosofía es la misma que la del skin original: una interfaz limpia, sencilla y minimalística que aporte una gran visibilidad de los textos a una distancia considerable y poniendo los contenidos multimedia cómo principal objeto de la experiencia visual.</description>

to my addon.xml, upon restarting XBMC, Confluence was loaded up instead of my skin. I went to addon settings, and my skin wasn't listed. Scary moment!

So after some experimenting I found that when I removed the accents like ñ and í, all was good again.
As a test I added the unaltered translation to other skins, and the same thing happened to those. Confluence loads, and the skin is gone from the addonbrowser..

Is this known or should I make a trac for it?

Greetings,
Jeroen
Ensure you have the utf8 declaration and that the file is actually saved as utf8. Visual studio and other decent text editors (notepad++ maybe?) will do this for you.

Cheers,
Jonathan
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

I do have a utf-8 declaration, but I failed to notice that my editor was not set to save it as such..

Thanks and sorry for the drama BlushWink
Quote:<description lang="es">...como principal objeto de la experiencia visual.</description>

Small fix Big Grin. It shouldn't have an accent in that context.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
(bug?) skin "gone" because of accents?0