Progress bar for downloading/installing Add-ons
I think this is especially needed when downloading skins to give the user an indication of happening. It also might be a good idea to display a cancelled message if they navigate away.
If they start downloading then it'll keep downloading no matter if they navigate away or not.

EDIT: I agree some indication of progress would be nice - there needs to be two things done:

1. Update a property with the progress.
2. Add something to the skin to show progress.

Cheers,
Jonathan
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

On a related note...

@jmarshall, don't know if you read the IRC backlog, but XBMC exit can be delayed by a background download (very noticeable for a skin)
There is no visual indication, it just seems frozen. I only noticed in the log after the fact.

Two solutions I think:
- Add a progress indicator - a cancellation would be nice, because I may want to quit NOW, not in a few minutes.
- Kill the download, try again next time XBMC starts
Always read the Kodi online-manual, the FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail Kodi Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules (wiki).
Second seems to be the cheapest way to go here.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.

Yes indeed.
Always read the Kodi online-manual, the FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail Kodi Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules (wiki).
can we add a yes no dialog then ?
"XBMC Updates still downloading, Are you sure you want to quit"
That could be tricky, but it's worth a go.

Ok, I've taken a look. First off, downloads are cancelled on exit as-is. Secondly, r31757 has the updating of progress.

Cheers,
Jonathan

Thanks.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Progress bar for downloading/installing Add-ons0