• 19(current)
[RELEASE] iPhoto Plugin Addon for XBMC
(2013-08-21, 19:34)ricki238 Wrote: Ok Jingai if i understand your note, i've nothing to do with my files but just wait for your update that's right ?

Correct. I'm not sure it will fix your problem, but we'll see.
@jingai

Quote:
Code:
21:58:22 T:4686647296  NOTICE: iphoto.parser: Parse: not well-formed (invalid token): line 17642, column 28

I've seen this before in other libraries. It usually is a hidden character you accidentally typed in an album, photo, face, place, etc name. For instance, another user here had mistakenly added a CTRL-E in the name of one of their persons in Faces. This CTRL-E won't display in Aperture/iPhoto, but it's technically invalid XML so my parser will choke on it. In truth, Aperture/iPhoto should sanitize input better and disallow this kind of thing.. but alas, it doesn't.

Easiest way to fix this is to edit the XML and remove the offending bit. If you are uncomfortable doing this yourself, you can PM me with a link to your AlbumData.xml and I can fix it for you.

Thanks for your quick reply! Very helpful! I did remove the special character and it works fine!

Step-by-step guide on how I proceeded:
1. Go to SYSTEM menu of XBMC -- SYSTEM (Configure System Settings) -- DEBUGGING and enable debug logging --> a log will be created
2. On Macs go to /Users/YOU/Library/Logs/xbmc.log (Library is a hidden folder so you have to make it visible first)
3. Look at the log file. If you see something similar to the above excerpt jot down the line no.
4. Copy the ApertureData.xml so you do not accidentally corrupt the file and open it with Excel (as a text file) for example.
5. Go to the line no. from step 3. There you see the special character that made the parser choke on.
6. Correct this special character in Aperture. (In my case was a "ó" in the name of the album)

Hope that helps others.

Raphael
@jingai

Could I propose two change requests:
- In Aperture I am grouping my photos in different Projects containing several (sub)Folders with each again containing several Albums. In XBMC all the albums are available, but the whole structure of my Aperture media library is not available. I have seen that the whole structure/hierarchy information is available in the ApertureData.xml in the form that each Album has a Parent Album. Based on that information the structure of the Aperture media library could be rebuilt in XBMC.
- The sort of the pictures within an Album is not the same in XBMC as in Aperture. A Sort Order = 2 in the ApertureData.xml identifies a manual sort order. The order of the pictures in the <array> node in the ApertureData.xml reflects the actual (manual) order of the pictures in Aperture. Based on the order in that node the pictures could be sorted in XBMC as a default. A change in the manual order triggers a reordering in the ApertureData.xml.

Excerpt from ApertureData.xml:
<key>AlbumId</key>
<integer>15</integer>
<key>uuid</key>
<string>QuaZAgDzRHGHed6YwAwnfw</string>
<key>AlbumName</key>
<string>Test intelligent Album</string>
<key>Parent</key>
<integer>10</integer>

<key>Album Type</key>
<string>2</string>
<key>Sort Order</key>
<string>2</string>

<key>KeyList</key>
<array>
<string>U1w9x9T2RkyYxI3RKNVDHA</string>
<string>BuUdwRpITfWvj2fZCmH4Kw</string>
<string>yUQDLwvZQgqdVgu7mxe2eg</string>
<string>FHJVzzp4QVu6hFpgfQr5sQ</string>
<string>nPhv7T+iTVW6an%JECW9zA</string>
<string>sRXlTHL4SbiAjvkmOQ0quA</string>
<string>Gh9apddNSFinY0aCOhRmhA</string>
</array>
<key>PhotoCount</key>
<integer>7</integer>

I would very much appreciate these two additional features to really benefit from your add-on.

Please do not hesitate to contact me to get more information if needed.

Thanks for considering this.

Raphael
(2013-08-21, 21:17)whph Wrote: - In Aperture I am grouping my photos in different Projects containing several (sub)Folders with each again containing several Albums. In XBMC all the albums are available, but the whole structure of my Aperture media library is not available. I have seen that the whole structure/hierarchy information is available in the ApertureData.xml in the form that each Album has a Parent Album. Based on that information the structure of the Aperture media library could be rebuilt in XBMC.

This is something I intend to do at some point, but it hasn't been a high priority since I use iPhoto for library management. I do use Aperture, but only for editing.

It'll happen eventually, but it's actually a bit of work to do since it was all designed originally around iPhoto, which only had one nested level. Unfortunately my time is really limited at the moment. Plus I have the next release of the Metropolis skin to work on...

(2013-08-21, 21:17)whph Wrote: - The sort of the pictures within an Album is not the same in XBMC as in Aperture. A Sort Order = 2 in the ApertureData.xml identifies a manual sort order. The order of the pictures in the <array> node in the ApertureData.xml reflects the actual (manual) order of the pictures in Aperture. Based on the order in that node the pictures could be sorted in XBMC as a default. A change in the manual order triggers a reordering in the ApertureData.xml.

This is more a problem with XBMC than my addon. The addon actually presents the photos in the original, unsorted order to XBMC. The problem is that XBMC's unsorted method basically does nothing; that is, it doesn't revert to the original order, it just does nothing. There is a ticket out for this but I have no idea when it will be fixed. It's set to Milestone 13.0, but who knows if it'll make it.
(2013-08-17, 20:23)Spinner65 Wrote: Is it possible to view Aperture videos with this plugin ?

Fixed.

Pushing up 2.1.7 here shortly. You'll see it either tonight or tomorrow Smile
(2013-08-22, 01:20)jingai Wrote: Pushing up 2.1.7 here shortly. You'll see it either tonight or tomorrow Smile

Fantastic.

Now to see if it automatically shows up in my gotham install (once it appears on the xbmc repo server), or if I have to install from git.
I recently updated to the Gotham beta, and I suspect that any of the addons in the offical xbmc repo won't auto update becuase they were/are actual in the Frodo directory on the server.
(Worst case I'll have to roll back to Frodo and lose the shairport functionality)
2.1.7 was just pulled so you all should see it now.
Good news !

Version 2.1.7
1) XBMC Gotham automatically updated to it
2) It can play videos now
3) Slideshows (without zoom and pan effects) with a mix of photos and videos work.

Thanks very very much jingai !
I owe you a beverage of your choice.
Beer me Wink
Hi,

excellent add-on!

What image files from the Aperture library are displayed by the add-on? The previews or the masters? If the masters are displayed, I presume that if the image was edited in Aperture (cropped, color corrected, etc...), these changes will not be shown by the add-on, am I correct?

Best regards.
(2013-08-28, 16:07)Spider_mp3 Wrote: Hi,

excellent add-on!

What image files from the Aperture library are displayed by the add-on? The previews or the masters? If the masters are displayed, I presume that if the image was edited in Aperture (cropped, color corrected, etc...), these changes will not be shown by the add-on, am I correct?

Best regards.

Not near a computer atm but if I recall correctly, it displays the Previews for exactly the reason you mentioned. If you're seeing otherwise that's a bug :p
Hi Jingai,

I am only seeing blank photos, although thumbnails of the photos are displayed correctly. Looking in the log file, we can see many errors of the type: "unable to stat url" and "RenderErrorMessage - cant get label control!". See complete log file here:

xbmc.log

I am running XBMC 12.2 for Windows and iPhoto addon 2.1.7.

Thanks for your help.

Regards,
Spider
(2013-08-29, 00:53)Spider_mp3 Wrote: I am only seeing blank photos, although thumbnails of the photos are displayed correctly. Looking in the log file, we can see many errors of the type: "unable to stat url" and "RenderErrorMessage - cant get label control!". See complete log file here:

Not sure. Generally, this means the path is incorrect.

In Terminal, type:

Code:
% cd /Users/manuel/Documents/ApertureXBMC.aplibrary/Previews/2013/07/10/20130710-154800/cqpDnaI+RBybCz9d8FlYzg/
% ls -al

And post the output here.
(2013-08-30, 14:16)jingai Wrote:
(2013-08-29, 00:53)Spider_mp3 Wrote: I am only seeing blank photos, although thumbnails of the photos are displayed correctly. Looking in the log file, we can see many errors of the type: "unable to stat url" and "RenderErrorMessage - cant get label control!". See complete log file here:

Not sure. Generally, this means the path is incorrect.

In Terminal, type:

Code:
% cd /Users/manuel/Documents/ApertureXBMC.aplibrary/Previews/2013/07/10/20130710-154800/cqpDnaI+RBybCz9d8FlYzg/
% ls -al

And post the output here.

Hi Jingai,

here the info you requested:

Last login: Fri Aug 30 18:18:04 on console
OFFICE-OSX:~ manuel$ cd /Users/manuel/Documents/ApertureXBMC.aplibrary/Previews/2013/07/10/20130710-154800/cqpDnaI+RBybCz9d8FlYzg/
OFFICE-OSX:cqpDnaI+RBybCz9d8FlYzg manuel$ ls -al
total 1488
drwxr-xr-x 3 manuel staff 102 Aug 28 09:32 .
drwxr-xr-x 1059 manuel staff 36006 Aug 28 09:32 ..
-rw-rw-rw-@ 1 manuel staff 761360 Jul 13 18:52 MGK_20130709_DSC_5175.jpg
OFFICE-OSX:cqpDnaI+RBybCz9d8FlYzg manuel$

Perhaps I should mention some further details about my configuration:
My computer has a dual boot configuration: Windows 7 Pro and OSX 10.8.2
I boot in OSX to work with Aperture, but I start Windows 7 to run XBMC.
My Aperture Library is located in a HFS+ partition. Running Windows 7, I have read-only access to this HFS+ partition, because I have installed Apple Boot Camp HFS Drivers (out-of-the-box Windows does not recognize HFS+ partitions).

Could this be the cause to my problem?

Here the output of the equivalent commands you asked me, in a Windows 7 cmd.exe window:

K:\>cd \Users\manuel\Documents\ApertureXBMC.aplibrary\Previews\2013\07\10\201307
10-154800\cqpDnaI+RBybCz9d8FlYzg\

K:\Users\manuel\Documents\ApertureXBMC.aplibrary\Previews\2013\07\10\20130710-154800\cqpDnaI+RBybCz9d8FlYzg>dir
Volume in drive K is OFFICE-OSX

Directory of K:\Users\manuel\Documents\ApertureXBMC.aplibrary\Previews\2013\07\10\20130710-154800\cqpDnaI+RBybCz9d8FlYzg

13/07/2013 18:52 761.856 MGK_20130709_DSC_5175.jpg
1 File(s) 761.856 bytes
0 Dir(s) 26.528.788.480 bytes free

K:\Users\manuel\Documents\ApertureXBMC.aplibrary\Previews\2013\07\10\20130710-154800\cqpDnaI+RBybCz9d8FlYzg>

Thanks for your support
(2013-08-30, 23:53)Spider_mp3 Wrote: Perhaps I should mention some further details about my configuration:
My computer has a dual boot configuration: Windows 7 Pro and OSX 10.8.2
I boot in OSX to work with Aperture, but I start Windows 7 to run XBMC.
My Aperture Library is located in a HFS+ partition. Running Windows 7, I have read-only access to this HFS+ partition, because I have installed Apple Boot Camp HFS Drivers (out-of-the-box Windows does not recognize HFS+ partitions).

Could this be the cause to my problem?

Likely it is the problem. I honestly hadn't considered anyone doing it this way (mounting the partition locally in another OS). Generally people pull it in over the network via SMB and the like.

I don't have a whole lot of time right this second to look at what might be happening, but to get the ball rolling, could you fire up XBMC and re-import your library, then post a link to your log? I need to see what it's doing with the paths.

Undoubtedly I can fix this or find a workaround for you, but since I don't have your setup here, I might need to do some back-and-forth with you if you don't mind.
  • 19(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] iPhoto Plugin Addon for XBMC1