xbmc database / refresh
Hi all,

Looking for some information in terms of the XBMC database, specifically what is happening when a query is being done for Music artists. How I can force a bulk query for all artists after a query has been done previously.

Meaning, I have already done a query and various bits and pieces of details has been scraped from a given site. If I try and requery things again, the query won't redo things. Instead I have to go thru one artist at a time and force the query that way, but this is difficult to do on hundreds of artists.

Also I may want to manually update given fan art by placing additional files in the artist directories and then I'd like to force a query in order to pickup these files.

1. How do I force a rescrape of all artists from a given site
2. How do I force a rescan of all artists fanart/thumbs from my directory (simply rescan my input source?)
3. When I nuke my db file, and rebuild things from scratch it appears as if XBMC repopulates fanart and thumbs from the userdata cache first
4. How do I make linkages between thse cache files and the real artist names etc...

thanks ahead of time
Belgrath Wrote:Hi all,

Looking for some information in terms of the XBMC database, specifically what is happening when a query is being done for Music artists. How I can force a bulk query for all artists after a query has been done previously.

Meaning, I have already done a query and various bits and pieces of details has been scraped from a given site. If I try and requery things again, the query won't redo things. Instead I have to go thru one artist at a time and force the query that way, but this is difficult to do on hundreds of artists.

Also I may want to manually update given fan art by placing additional files in the artist directories and then I'd like to force a query in order to pickup these files.

1. How do I force a rescrape of all artists from a given site
2. How do I force a rescan of all artists fanart/thumbs from my directory (simply rescan my input source?)
3. When I nuke my db file, and rebuild things from scratch it appears as if XBMC repopulates fanart and thumbs from the userdata cache first
4. How do I make linkages between thse cache files and the real artist names etc...

thanks ahead of time

Thoughts?
Belgrath Wrote:Thoughts?

pointers to other links, comments most welcome. I haven't been able to find anything that explains the behavior that I'm seeing
1. You can't.
2. Rescanning your input source should pick up changes in local artwork, yes.
3. If the cached image is already there it will be used unless there's local artwork present.
4. The image is cached based on the CRC of the artist name, or based on a combination of artist and album name.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

jmarshall Wrote:1. You can't.
2. Rescanning your input source should pick up changes in local artwork, yes.
3. If the cached image is already there it will be used unless there's local artwork present.
4. The image is cached based on the CRC of the artist name, or based on a combination of artist and album name.

1. So after doing scan of my source, additional scans will not pickup any new data from the scraper then. It would only pickup local changes as per 2.
3. After deleting my db files, I should nuke my cache as well then
4. K...
Belgrath Wrote:1. So after doing scan of my source, additional scans will not pickup any new data from the scraper then. It would only pickup local changes as per 2.
3. After deleting my db files, I should nuke my cache as well then
4. K...

Is there a way to bypass #1Huh
Belgrath Wrote:Is there a way to bypass #1Huh

Is there a way to bypass #1?
Belgrath Wrote:Is there a way to bypass #1?

Echo.

Any way to bypass step #1?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
xbmc database / refresh0