XBMC Remote Control (Windows, Linux and OS X)
Hi all XBMC's HTTP API is being depreciated in upcoming releases, this means all old control software that isn't updated to use the new JSON API will eventually stop working.

In light of this I've started work on a new tool for controlling XBMC using the new JSON API.

It can be found here:

http://code.google.com/p/xbmc-remote-control

It's a very early beta at the moment but it shouldn't take much longer than a week to be fully functional - I've already spent the last week and a half coding a .net library for the new API (http://code.google.com/p/xbmc-json/) so most the hard work has been done, incidentally if you're a developer thanks to help from Johnsel the library will also compile for Win Mobile devices if you wish to use it.

The plan with this remote is to keep it Mono compatible so in the upcoming weeks I should have Linux and OS X builds available. Once the functionality is in place I'll work on making everything look a bit prettier.

Any coders/tester/feedback is welcome Smile

XBMC Remote7 an XBMC library browser/remote for Windows Phone 7.
Xbmc-Json a .NET XBMC JSON API Library.
Xbmc-Remote-Control a .NET based XBMC library browser and remote for Windows, Linux and OS X.
Big Grin 
This looks really cool!

One of the issues I sometimes have with XBMC is that some of the movies have totally incorrect info (including titles). Any chance of allowing this tool to write an NFO file in the right format to correct discrepancies like this?
Cool application. I'm just learning c# and subversion etc., and am having trouble getting this to compile when I add any additional code.

I can compile the code as is, but when I added a 'settings' form (for changing server info) , I get an error related to the Xbmc class not existing... I tried adding the xbmc-json project file, but that didn't help either. Any suggestions?
weldon Wrote:Cool application. I'm just learning c# and subversion etc., and am having trouble getting this to compile when I add any additional code.

I can compile the code as is, but when I added a 'settings' form (for changing server info) , I get an error related to the Xbmc class not existing... I tried adding the xbmc-json project file, but that didn't help either. Any suggestions?

Probably because there is no Xbmc class? :p
Xbmc-Remote-Control a .NET based XBMC library browser and remote for Windows, Linux and OS X.
sorry, XBMCconnection or something. Away from my computer, but the class that accepts the connection info.
Hmm as long as you have a reference pointing to a valid XbmcJson.dll then it should be fine.

The project file may be pointing to the wrong path for the dll as I have it pointing to the debug dir of the XbmcJson project, you may need to point it to the XbmcJson.dll included in the Xbmc Remote project's debug dir.
wow really looking forward to this app. Looks just wonderful.
Update: Can now play Artist/Album/Song/Movie/TV Show/Season/Episode by double clicking. TV Show browser fleshed out.

First download up...

Recent nightly build of XBMC needed i.e. Not the last stable release.
.Net 3.5.

What's working:

Music/Movie/TV Show browsing/playing etc. double click on whatever you want to play.

What's not working:

Initial load isn't threaded so UI will lock up for a small while at startup depending on how big your library is.
After entering in your settings via System tab you need to exit and reopen app for new settings to be used.
Volume Slider

What's missing:

Working volume and progress sliders.
File browsing
Some system stats
Pretty interface

Download:

http://xbmc-remote-control.googlecode.co...20v0.1.zip

http://code.google.com/p/xbmc-remote-control/ - v0.2 added with working volume/seek sliders. Still not threaded at startup so may hang for ~20 seconds while your library is scanned.
Has anyone found this useful? It's a bit rough but it does everything I originally wanted it to do so if others aren't using it I'll probably just leave it as is.
haven't used it yet. i was waiting for a newer build with volume support etc but now you've uploaded a newer build recently I'm sure I'll give it a try soon.Nod
Just tried it - great application! Will definitely use it.

One thing I noticed is that the music artist list seems to be unsorted (or at least not in alphabetical order). This is is bit inconvenient as this list is rather long in my case.

Apart from that, I think that this is the perfect tool to remote control my living room XBMC.

Thanks!
Hello there dstruktiv, I am just learning .NET, I am working with VB.NET and I would like to use your API to build a remote control.

I went to the googlecode page for it, but I couldn't find anything to download, for either the library itself, or any documentation.

Any help would be appreciated, thanks!
atarijedi Wrote:Hello there dstruktiv, I am just learning .NET, I am working with VB.NET and I would like to use your API to build a remote control.

I went to the googlecode page for it, but I couldn't find anything to download, for either the library itself, or any documentation.

Any help would be appreciated, thanks!

You need to check out the code with svn and then build the library yourself.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBMC Remote Control (Windows, Linux and OS X)0