Advanced Settings Not Working Help
I've done a ton of searches and can't seem to figure out why advancedsettings is not working. I'm using the latest build as of today 7/30/2010 and a Rapier Qualar Skin (latest build as well. Windows 7 Ultimate 64 Bit.

I'm using my brothers working advancesettings.xml file, but it doesn't seem to work. I'm trying to make the skip back button to 8 seconds not the standard 35 seconds.

I put it in the userdata folder in c:/program files (x86)/xbmc/userdata. My brother came over to help and he couldn't figure it out, but he also says my directories look weird. Such as my userdata folder not containing the same files as his and I have no log files in my main XBMC folder.

Do I have to enable the advancedsettings in XBMC or will it self recognize?

Thanks in advance.

Oh here is what I have in the file:

<advancedsettings>

<video>
<usetimeseeking>true</usetimeseeking>
<smallstepbackseconds>4</smallstepbackseconds>
<fullscreenonmoviestart>true</fullscreenonmoviestart>
</video>

</advancedsettings>
Never mind, I figured it out. I started thinking that our remote might be different, even though they are both MCE. Mine sends keyborad codes automatically as it's a generic MCE. But that wasn't the problem. I never realized that there was a step back and a small step back, so I just changed the keymap for <Left> to be small step back and not step back. Worked.
Cartierusm Wrote:Never mind, I figured it out ...

Cool :-)

Note that c:/program files (x86)/xbmc/userdata is only used in portable mode, and in any case it's now become c:/program files (x86)/xbmc/userdata/portable_data in the most recent Dharma betas. Unless you're using portable mode the correct location is %appdata%\xbmc\userdata.

JR

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Advanced Settings Not Working Help0