• 79(current)
[WINDOWS] HOW-TO use MCE remote in XBMC under Windows the easy way
(2013-08-25, 04:12)TheFonz Wrote: Green Start Button not bringing XBMC back to Home Screen??
Have a read of this post by juston. We (I had a small part in the debugging :p) found the issue where the GSB would not bring XBMC back to the home screen from other screens, but would launch XBMC fine.
Simple change is in the first couple of lines in the below quote. This should solve the issues. Not sure why it works for some but not others. Replace the red line with the green line and:

This is the AutoHotKey Script (GSB_Script_AllinOne v2.38.ahk)

(2012-11-23, 01:36)juston Wrote: Yes I believe this is the case. I changed line 51. of version 2.38 script from:
send, ^!{VK74} ; if XBMC is Active (GSB Home Jump will activate)
to
send ^!{Enter} ; if XBMC is Active (GSB Home Jump will activate)

Reloaded the script. Pressed my GSB and XBMC started (windowed), Pressed it again and XBMC went full screen, logged into a profile, clicked on TV Shows, started a show, pressed the GSB and was taken back to the home screen, and everything worked fine.

You could probably change it to:
send ^!{f5} ; if XBMC is Active (GSB Home Jump will activate)

Because CTRL-ALT-F5 is mapped to XBMC.ActivateWindow(Home) in the Keyboard.xml file already - look for <f5 mod="ctrl,alt">XBMC.ActivateWindow(Home)</f5> <!--Added to support (GSB Home Jump) feature-->.

I have mapped <return mod="ctrl,alt">XBMC.ActivateWindow(Home)</return> <!--Added to support (GSB Home Jump) feature-->. in my keyboard.xml file because the GSB sends the CTRL-ALT-ENTER key sequence.

Just want to add that this failed for me... But I found the solution for the real problem!
It is Intels Graphic shortcuts that prevents the script from working.
Even if the key is not used by the Intel Control Panel!

I stumbled onto the solution when changing the keymap and Hkey script to use both f12 and f5 ....
This was accidentally the Intel Graphic ShortCut to open the control panel shortcuts...
Here I could see that ctrl+alt+f12 was the key for opening the shortcut page...
I could see that ctrl+alt+f5 was not taken but when disabling the hole thing.
XBMC started to acknowledge both ctrl+alt+f12 & ctrl+alt+f5!!

I have not found this solution anywhere and I spend some time debugging it.
Hope some find this fix before debugging.
(2014-01-11, 00:45)Daller Wrote: Just want to add that this failed for me... But I found the solution for the real problem!

I stumbled onto the solution when changing the keymap and Hkey script to use both f12 and f5 ....
This was accidentally the Intel Graphic ShortCut to open the control panel shortcuts...

Thank you, thank you, thank you!! I have tried everything, asked questions on here and NOBODY has been able to help. I went into the Intel Graphics Control Panel and disabled the Hot Key Functionality and now it works perfectly! Finally after months my remote is working the way it is supposed to.
(2014-01-12, 06:07)mmatforum Wrote:
(2014-01-11, 00:45)Daller Wrote: Just want to add that this failed for me... But I found the solution for the real problem!

Thank you, thank you, thank you!! I have tried everything, asked questions on here and NOBODY has been able to help. I went into the Intel Graphics Control Panel and disabled the Hot Key Functionality and now it works perfectly! Finally after months my remote is working the way it is supposed to.

yes good to hear I was not alone in the frustration.
It was frustrating to search the web and ending up with no answer.
I was so happy to finally trace the bug and fix it. I simply had to post it Smile in hope of helping others.
It made me smile to see the post did help!
Can someone please help me?

I have just purchased an HP MCE remote (http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=HP_MCE_Remote

I cannot get the subtitles to either go to next subtitle file or turn off...

Any help would be much appreciated..

I have xbmccustomregis installed, but cannot seem to figure out how to change the reg file to get subtitles to change or turn off
After a reboot it should be one of the color keys when watching a series or movie
LibreElec Kodi | Aeon MQ ?
can someone help please?

I followed the instructions int he first post but now what happens is when I press "T" on the keyboard, it does not turn the subtitles on / off. It brings up the subtitles menus. How can I get the toggle on/off feature back to that key?

also, I have the HP MCE Remote control shown on this page - http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Rem...ol_Reviews

how can I link the "T" button on the remote to toggle the subtitles on / off?

thanks in advance!
Open your keyboard.xml and verify that it is <t>ShowSubtitles</t>
Hi, I installed lastest XBMCCustomregis (v2.60.12) and almost everything work flawlessly, but I have one problem.

First my setup:
- Intel NUC Kit D54250WYK (Haswell / integrated IR-receiver)
- HP MCE Remote (newer version) (http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Rem...MCE_Remote)
- Windows 8.1 64-bit
- XBMC Frodo 12.3 Stable

The only problem is UP and DOWN buttons that works all over XBMC except for the on-screen-keyboard popup-window.
I can't move down to the keyboard and select keys and thus I cannot enter text using on-screen-keyboard (such as for searching, etc.).

Anyone have a clue what might be wrong? Thanks, Tor Anders, Oslo, Norway Smile
Been searching around but cant really find anything good.. be kind Smile
About to buy a cheap remote and it looks like the HP D4000 are the frontrunner. Using win7. D4000

1. I have XBMC on a second monitor and mainly using the mouse. Will the remote work flawlessly in XMBC even if I have other applications active int the main monitor?

2. Is it possible to assign buttons for playlists? (ex. blue button for Music Party Mode)

..other good remotes?

edit: oooh no, they dont seem to have any receiver included from ebay. Could someone steer me the right way for a working one? thanks
edit2: found one on ebay .. having some trouble with my credit card but intend to buy that one
If other applications are active, the remote won't work. You can use eventghost and control xbmc even if it is not in focus.
Yeah crap. Well I get most of the functions that way so i guess its ok. Can I map just some keys in EventGhost or does it 'hijack' everything at once? And if yes, is the rest is the like normal keyboard keys?
Eventghost will capture all key press events from the mce remote. You can use these events to control xbmc or any other programs.
How do we enable MCE Remote Control Skip? (30 sec ahead, 15 sec back) Windows 8.1 x64 latest Gotham as of today. Authentic Microsoft Remote Control and Receiver.

The most used remote control buttons for me are the skip forward (30 seconds) and skip back (15 seconds) This is much faster zipping though commercials.

My MCE Remote Control skip forward and skip back buttons have no effect in XBMC. I can only use regular fast forward and reverse.

What's the trick to enable skip forward and skip back once again in XBMC?

I thought the automatic installer was supposed to take care of everything for me. Do I stil need to manually edit anything?

http://xbmccustomregis.sourceforge.net/remote_auto.html
http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Add-on:PVR.WMC

Here is my xbmclog
http://pastebin.com/0Ci9CrfR

More On Me:
I've been a Windows Media Center User since XP Media Center Edition Launch. (10+ years)
http://www.thegreenbutton.tv/forums/memb...file&u=170

After lurking around awhile, I finally decided to take the plunge on trying out XBMC PVR full time. I love XBMC but I couldn't bring myself to leave MCE fully. What really pushed me over the edge or the damn no signal error message popups I have to clear every day. (that don't effect recordings at all)
http://experts.windows.com/frms/windows_...00245.aspx
Add the following code to advancedsettings.xml

Code:
<video>
        <timeseekforward>30</timeseekforward>
        <timeseekbackward>-15</timeseekbackward>

</video>

Use left and right arrow keys to skip.
Excellent thanks I'll give it a whirl
  • 79(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[WINDOWS] HOW-TO use MCE remote in XBMC under Windows the easy way15