• 12(current)
[RELEASE] The Daily Show (Video) Addon
Just FYI, I got a patch from someone to fix some bugs in the addon. I have merged his changes but not tested them.

https://github.com/VTWoods/xbmc-dailyshow

Is anyone interested in taking the repo? I am not sure I am the best one to have ownership of it.
thx for the fix
Hi.

I am fairly new to XBMC and i have been trying to watch Colbert Nation on XBMC without luck.

I installed FreeCable but i get an error whenever i try to launch Comedy Central from it.

I get this error:

Quote:Error
Script failed! : plugin.video.free.cable

Do i need to install or update librtmp to use your addon and how would i go forth doing that?

I am running XBMC on Win7 with the latest (11.0) build.
(2012-09-12, 05:23)hannesstef Wrote: Hi.

I am fairly new to XBMC and i have been trying to watch Colbert Nation on XBMC without luck.

I installed FreeCable but i get an error whenever i try to launch Comedy Central from it.

I get this error:

Quote:Error
Script failed! : plugin.video.free.cable

Do i need to install or update librtmp to use your addon and how would i go forth doing that?

I am running XBMC on Win7 with the latest (11.0) build.

In the mean time, you can install Hulu add-on, also by Bluecop. Both Colbert and Daily Shows are available on it.

I live in Iceland so no Hulu Support.

I am going to get a vpn probably soon though but i want it to work now if it's possible, is it a problem on my end or has it just not been released yet.

Also i just want to post my thanks to Bluecop for making all of this possible, everything works great except Colbert Report
(2012-09-15, 03:20)hannesstef Wrote: I live in Iceland so no Hulu Support.

I am going to get a vpn probably soon though but i want it to work now if it's possible, is it a problem on my end or has it just not been released yet.

Also i just want to post my thanks to Bluecop for making all of this possible, everything works great except Colbert Report

You could turn Debug on, after seeing the error, exit XBMC, pastebin the log file, and include the link here. I'm sure Bluecop and/or others will help determine if it's the lack of latest librtmp or not.
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=42708
The addon worked up until yesterday but now it gives error in 3 different platforms.
Bluecop incorporated this into his free cable addon

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=101938

It's maintained pretty well.
Same here - The Daily Show add-on worked until a couple of days ago, now only errors.

The Free Cable add-on never worked for me for The Daily Show, other shows at Comedy Central used to work but now no dice - as soon as I select Comedy Central script failed error.
Make sure you are using the beta of Freecable it should work, if not post a log on the support thread.
Yes, this works! The beta version of FreeCable is slow under Raspbmc, but it works - thanks!
Showing 0 videos.
Is this related to the fact that Comedy Central have changed the Daily Show website? Completely different layout.

Many thanks for this plug-in.
Mucho appreciato.
(2014-03-18, 21:40)monkeyboyohyeah Wrote: Showing 0 videos.
Is this related to the fact that Comedy Central have changed the Daily Show website? Completely different layout.

Many thanks for this plug-in.
Mucho appreciato.

I'm seeing the same thing
TV: VIZIO E-Series 43”
HTPC: Raspberry Pi 3
STORAGE: Windows 8 Server with DrivePool (Currently with 24TB)
Same here. the plugin doesn't give an error, just does not show any episodes in the list anymore.
Ditto on the March 2014 problem.

I ran wireshark.. and indeed there is a referral from www.thedailyshow.com ... to www.thedailyshow.cc.com
But that is not all... the standard HTTP GET for "full-episodes" list, also returns a 301 error "Moved Permanently".

But it seems from the return traffic, that I can see lots of metadata about ONLY the latest episode on the list. Anita Hill on March 13, 2014.
But no info regarding March 12 or any early shows.

It appears the requests that this addon sends, is no longer formatted appropriately for the website.
We need to wait for a major update.
  • 12(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] The Daily Show (Video) Addon0