Is this possible? use xbmc but not compromise xbx
hi all! been looking at options for getting some video / music from my main pc to my hdtv. after looking at all the options, xbmc looks by far the best, offering the most formats, codecs, and still under heavy development. but here are my questions, and whether this is doable or not:

i enjoy using my xbox for gaming, and it is my dvd player as well. so all in all, i only want xbmc, with streaming capabilities. i am not interested in adding bigger hd/s, playing burned games, etc. i used xbox live extensively, and do not want to risk loosing it. ( i have heard stories of boxes being banned etc).

so is there basically an easy (within reason, i don't mind a little work) way to make my xbox xbmc compatible? basically i want my xbox to stay just like it is, but when i want to run xbmc, pop in maybe a an xbmc disc, which will then give me teh xbmc interface, and show all my shares on my main server pc? then allow me to play movies, etc as xbmc normally does. i will just play dvd's the same way i do now, by popping them in the xbox and using the default xbox player.

any suggestions? i would consider buying another xbox, then just hardmodding this basically into an xbmc box, but if i can do it the other way, and just keep my xbox useable just like it is now, that would be awesome!

thanks in advance!

bill

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Is this possible? use xbmc but not compromise xbx0