Correct support zip.wv files
When i can play a zip.wv, xbmc don't recognize that as a real zip archives and play it as soon a only unique file.

I suppose that the .wv estension are interpretated as wavepack file, but not an archives exactly as .rar

Is possible correct them?

Sorry for my bad english.
Roby.one Wrote:When i can play a zip.wv, xbmc don't recognize that as a real zip archives and play it as soon a only unique file.

I suppose that the .wv estension are interpretated as wavepack file, but not an archives exactly as .rar

Is possible correct them?

Its probably better for you to just fix your file extensions rather then hack XBMC.
saratoga Wrote:Its probably better for you to just fix your file extensions rather then hack XBMC.

I have try to search a way on wiki, but i haven't find a solution for my problem.
Have you any suggestion to apply this "feature" editing an appropriate xml file?
What is a zip.wv?
Always read the online manual (wiki), FAQ (wiki) and search the forum before posting.
Do not PM or e-mail Team-Kodi members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules (wiki).
Please read the pages on troubleshooting (wiki) and bug reporting (wiki) before reporting issues.
it's obviously a wavpack'd zip file dummy...
spiff Wrote:it's obviously a wavpack'd zip file dummy...

Is possible do working correctly by a directive in a .xml files or I must open new "trac" for request develop?
request all you want. we won't support this, this is madness. the convention on all computers except the amiga has been that the last part is the file type. you have wavpack'd the file, THEN zipped it. compare to e.g. .tar.gz
Processing a rar archives with any type of music file is different to processing a zip.wv file containing a wavpack file?

This way to archive music in zip.wv are used with more frequency. We are sure don't want support it?

PS. The extension is simply a best practice to mark a file, but the header file is the real file type.
If i delete .wv extension, the file is recognized like a regolar zip file with audio cd.
Will work perfectly without change type of file
Why do you name stuff with the .wv suffix if they are .zip files?
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

jmarshall Wrote:Why do you name stuff with the .wv suffix if they are .zip files?

Is a particularity of wavepack, in practise if U open a zip.wv with foobar2000 you can listen music without unpak the archive. Removing the .wv estension, XBMC consider it as rar (or zip in this case) file and do exactly one I want! Cool

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Correct support zip.wv files0