How can i edit dialogbuttonmenu.xml to make Exit XBMC default?
Hi,

I know i can edit dialogbuttonmenu.xml to do this, but i am not sure what to do in there.

Can somebody please advise on how i can edit it so when i press "s" on my keyboard the menu comes up with Exit as default instead of Shutdown?

Thanks!
Second line down change
<defaultcontrol always="true">13</defaultcontrol>
to
<defaultcontrol always="true">11</defaultcontrol>
Jezz_X Wrote:Second line down change
<defaultcontrol always="true">13</defaultcontrol>
to
<defaultcontrol always="true">11</defaultcontrol>

i swear i tried that before i posted and it didnt work - will give it another go...
Turned out the reason it didnt work initially is because i was editing xbmc/skin/... when for some reason the dharma revision i have installed has put a new confluence folder in xbmc/addons/skin.confluence

The mod worked great Big Grin
Hello,

this is a very good TIPS, thank you.

However, in my XBMC I have two users, "Master" and "Kids". We often jump betwen the two. I guess I can change to <defaultcontrol always="true">10</defaultcontrol> where 10 is for LogOff.

However, when I tested on a computer with XBMC that did not have Profiles, then nothing is marked.
I could as a workaround use the mouse, but since we use a remote controller, I would like to know how to solve this.
Somekind of a if/else that checks if LogOff is even there or not. And if not, then use eg "11" or another number.

Thank you

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
How can i edit dialogbuttonmenu.xml to make Exit XBMC default?0