Free-standing library management á la Plex 9
I just wonder if there already exists something like this? So i can handle the library on one computer and use it on my xbmc computer
SmeagolL Wrote:I just wonder if there already exists something like this? So i can handle the library on one computer and use it on my xbmc computer

No but you can have a single database on one box and access it with more than one XBMC. Search the forums, there are several threads that describe how to do this. In this case, You would manage your library on one computer using XBMC and play on others, also using XBMC.

It remains to be seen if that type of decentralized client/server model is worth the effort or raises unforeseen issues.
SmeagolL Wrote:I just wonder if there already exists something like this? So i can handle the library on one computer and use it on my xbmc computer

You can have the database in portable format, so that your XBMC can be moved, or mirrored, OR you can share one common database (as already stated).
I can't see a use case that cannot be solved with the recent capabilities.
I want to manage my database without using xmbc, but ill look in the other forums, thanks
SmeagolL Wrote:I want to manage my database without using XBMC, but ill look in the other forums, thanks

Just pretend that XBMC can't play anything and only use it to manage.
I think most of what library management entails can be done through external apps such as Ember. i.e. adding media sources and scraping them. You can store the data as .nfo/jpg directly with the files, and I believe Ember has a plugin to directly talk to XBMC as well, although I'm not sure if it works with MySql.

The big thing in Plex9 for me is that all media is uniform and you can define as many categories as you want (not limited to separate movie/tv db's).

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Free-standing library management á la Plex 90