how to install this skin? total nub
DarkMatter3 Wrote:I would like to fix this but I do not know how to go about editing the xml file from Windows as it obviously doesn't recognize the linux on it.

Is there a way I can do it from Windows?

It's and XML file... XML = Text, text = editable. Just open it with Notepad.
Hi, I understand how to edit it, I just don't know where to find the file to edit it.

I assumed that the file will be on the USB stick, but if I plug this into a Windows PC it just wants to format it as it doesn't recognize the files on it.

I am probably missing something very obvious here. :confused2:
DarkMatter3 Wrote:Hi, I understand how to edit it, I just don't know where to find the file to edit it.

I assumed that the file will be on the USB stick, but if I plug this into a Windows PC it just wants to format it as it doesn't recognize the files on it.

I am probably missing something very obvious here. :confused2:

What USB stick? If that's your setup, then I have no idea either. I'm running a standard XBMC install (C:\Program Files\XBMC and Users\USERNAME\AppData\Roaming\XMBC) so the file would be in either of those directories.
FatBoyNotSoSlim Wrote:What USB stick? If that's your setup, then I have no idea either. I'm running a standard XBMC install (C:\Program Files\XBMC and Users\USERNAME\AppData\Roaming\XBMC) so the file would be in either of those directories.

My bad, I have realized I am just getting myself confused now. I have tried to install this version and had the Runtime problems and also run XBMC live from a USB stick but could not get the wireless working on that one and I am getting the 2 mixed up. :o

You are 100% correct, this one I installed Ok, but it had problems when I try to start it, so the files are installed on Windows and I will be able to edit them.

I think I have just been banging my head against the wall too much lately.

I will edit it now and try it, thanks again.
OK, I have just done a clean install, I made sure there was no trace of XBMC but I cannot find guisettings.xml

I have tried searching for it, but it does not come up.

Any ideas?
I am going to install XBMC-Aeon65Edition-Rev33349-dx.exe on another PC and see if i can find the guisettings.xml file on there.

I have hidden files to be shown and have already done a search for it to no avail.

**Update**
I have just installed this on to another PC (clean install) and again when I search for the guisettings.xml file I get no results found. Am I doing something wrong?

**Another Update**
After searching for just *.xml on the new PC it has found guisettings.xml and I have edited it and all is now good. :o)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
how to install this skin? total nub0