Dharma 10.0 Beta 1 has broke my Revo's sound
I originally installed my XBMC using XBMCFreaks newest SVN build.
Last night, upgraded it to Dharma Beta 1.

Used 'Sudo apt-get update' and 'Sudo apt-get upgrade'

All sound has been lost yet again.
Anyone else had this and how do I fix it? Should I reinstall AGAIN with XBMCFreak? Or can I just downgrade Dharma to the previous SVN that worked?

If so? How? I'd rather not do a fresh install again.
Everything was perfect yesterday until the upgrade.

My Revo is connected to my Amp via HDMI.
Hi,

I also got sound issues with the Dharma beta and the asrock ion. However i use it with Ubuntu.

I finally got stereo to work through optical, but not ac3. I have exactly the same settings as I used to. IEC as output device. Any advise?
DejaVu77 Wrote:I originally installed my XBMC using XBMCFreaks newest SVN build.
Last night, upgraded it to Dharma Beta 1.

Used 'Sudo apt-get update' and 'Sudo apt-get upgrade'

All sound has been lost yet again.
Anyone else had this and how do I fix it? Should I reinstall AGAIN with XBMCFreak? Or can I just downgrade Dharma to the previous SVN that worked?

If so? How? I'd rather not do a fresh install again.
Everything was perfect yesterday until the upgrade.

My Revo is connected to my Amp via HDMI.

I'm glad I read all this. I have a Revo with ubuntu 10.04 LTS, I was considering Dharma beta1. I won't touch it now until I see this thread resolved Smile

Good luck.
You should have done,

"sudo apt-get update"

"sudo apt-get install xbmc"

Using upgrade can sometimes cause problems.

cheers
HTPC 1 : Acer revo R3700 ion2 HTPC 2 :Apple TV2 HTPC 3 : Apple TV2 HTPC4 Acer revo R3700 ion2 Remote : x2 Riimote2
SERVER : 10TB Ubuntu Server 10.04, dual wintv nova hd s2 cards, tvheadend, Newcs, Omnikey reader, White *Sky uk* Card, Mysql Db, Sabnzbdplus, SickBeard, Couchpotato, FlexRaid. :cool:
--------------------------------------------
I'm not running a Revo but a couple of weeks ago after a kernel update I lost my sound. It was resolved by adding my user the the audio group.

This probably isn't the case for you. When you did the apt-get update did it also update your kernel? If so you might try booting the previous kernel.
Or try recompiling the alsa drivers. The sources are in the root user directory I think. Enter it and type:

sudo ./configure; make; make install

Then reboot.
Please don't try random guesses. Try the Beta1 LiveCD. We don't know what XBMCFreak does, so we could only speculate.

Try the official cd and post a log before going any further.

TheUni
I dont think alsa is the problem, but then again I have aversion to using stuff that I know doesnt work.

I would look at the usual suspects like /etc/asound.conf
I redid partition on HD on my REVO that i've been running from usb stick.
I tried the Dharma beta and was unable to get any audio with any combination of the new settings. Frustrated I have put the stick back in for my Camelot rev.
I donth have HDMI atm so I'm running DVI(via adapter) and phono jack for audio. NOt really problem on Camelot rev.
I'd like to try beta more, but no audio is pretty big deal breaker.
Search first, provide details and keep forums clean. Mark things solved, to close them out and acknowledge helpful volunteers who share. If I have helped, click the plus button.
I think what happened is, that after he did the apt-get update; apt-get upgrade, the kernel got upgraded, and that broke the alsa driver modules. It's what happened to me after installing the Beta1 Live. A quick check to see if the drivers are loaded, is to try and see if alsamixer works. If not, then recompiling the alsa drivers should fix it. Beta1 are using Alsa 1.0.23 while Lucid comes default with 1.0.21, so this might be why it broke.
I'm having the same problems.. Acer Revo connected to my Denon AVR-790 amp, but no sound.. But I'm running Beta 1 in Windows.
works fine on my revo, via optical or hdmi

like theuni says post a log.
Arco nailed it. I managed to repair it with full DTS and Dolby Digital with my Amp (Denon AVR-1910) using this -

http://monespaceperso.org/blog-en/2010/0...oala-9-10/

I'm not 100% sure of what it does (Linux n00b!), but I have solved it.
I think the information in this post (at least), should be implemented into Dharma's next release. Smile

Alsa seems to cause me a lot of issues when updating/installing/upgrading. The newest version (1.0.23) has addressed them and it's now working perfectly.

All hail XBMC. My Revo is whack without it!!
Dharma already uses 1.0.23. Please no more speculation without a debug log.

TheUni
Hi, dejavu77 and arco seems to be right.

I also updated the alsa as in dejavu77Confused link. Now ac3 and dd works fine with sp/dif, I'm not sure why though,
thanks alot for excellent help!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Dharma 10.0 Beta 1 has broke my Revo's sound0