Automated Music Downloader / Grabber? Any SickBeard/CouchPotato like tools for Music?
Lightbulb 
Sickbeard & Couchpotato

I've got these two great addons running sweet on my system, now Im just wondering if there is a similar addon for my music downloads?
who needs downloads? use grooveshark Smile
jabba200 Wrote:who needs downloads? use grooveshark Smile

On XBMC?
daz1uk Wrote:On XBMC?

there is now a Grooveshark addon I have not dabbled with it, but its in the music addon section

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid...rooveshark

-=Jason=-
Flomaster Wrote:there is now a Grooveshark addon I have not dabbled with it, but its in the music addon section

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid...rooveshark

-=Jason=-

Crackin, thanks for the link buddy.
Lightbulb 
With SickBeard and CouchPotato, I was wondering if anyone has come across an add on or script that automates music downloads? Any info/input would be appreciated.
Not really a suitable feature for xbmc for legal reasons. Although you could make a script that would grab stuff from the amazon mp3 store or similar, that would be legal and cool.
Mnuu Wrote:Not really a suitable feature for xbmc for legal reasons. Although you could make a script that would grab stuff from the amazon mp3 store or similar, that would be legal and cool.

There are many bands that release legit, legal torrents of their music online. (NIN, Jack White and others release .torrent files quite often.) Legalities aside, how would this be possible? Most likely quite similar to SickBeard and CouchPotato. Unfortunately, being a complete coding noob, I have no idea where to start.

But, more to your point Mnuu, I think an amazon mp3 script would be great too. Just looking for jumping off points to get started with it all. :-) Thanks for the input.
To make one that *only* torrented the legal ones you would have to specify the legal ones in the code Smile . Thats about the only way I would see this getting into xbmc itself.

There is no real reason a stand-alone program could not be made though , just nobody seems to have done it. Possibly easier than TV/Movie stuff as music is almost always tagged properly with artist information so sorting it is fairly easy. A stand-alone program is outside the scope of this forum though Smile
In concept modified version of couch potato could do it pretty easily.

Search a music database (instead of a movie database), build a wishlist and then search torrent sites for wishlist items, then drop the .torrent in the right folder.

But I cant see it being included in xbmc, the closest you will get is a plugin for your torrent program.
Targettio Wrote:In concept modified version of couch potato could do it pretty easily.

Thanks, this was my first thought. I will research the CouchPotato build and see if it is possible to charge the database directory.

Targettio Wrote:But I cant see it being included in xbmc, the closest you will get is a plugin for your torrent program.

Exactly, I meant as a plugin...I'm still fairly new, so I still confuse terminology. (i.e. Pyhon script, Addon)

Appreciate the insight.
I too like this idea the interface of CouchPotato is fantastic ,but I think Sick-Beard would serve a better purpose as the hierarchy of TV shows seasons and episodes fits more than movies would. i would go as far as saying that it'd be simple to do by changing some scrapers but it doesn't seem like to much of a change. I myself am no programmer but am interested in some incite on what would be need to accomplish this?
Why not start using spotify. I have not dl a single mp3 for over a year and i cant understand that ppl do... Online music streaming is the future, once u are used to it you wont look back Smile PM me if you need an invite.

Cheers.
---------------------------------------------------
Intel NUC Haswell D34010WYK | ATV2 | Logitech Harmony One | Onkyo TX-NR808 Receiver | QNAP 809 | APC Back-UPS RS 550
alex84 Wrote:I have not dl a single mp3 for over a year and i cant understand that ppl do

Spotify and most online streaming services (LastFM, Pandora Radio) are available only in few countries, so maybe now you understand Wink
alex84 Wrote:Why not start using spotify. I have not dl a single mp3 for over a year and i cant understand that ppl do... Online music streaming is the future, once u are used to it you wont look back Smile PM me if you need an invite.

Cheers.

I dont mind paying for my music in general, I have over 300 CD's. The idea of Spotify is kinda cool, however, as soon as you stop paying for the service (or someone pulls the plug), you dont have access the songs anymore.

It's a good thing that it is legal to download music in some countries.

I would really like a SickBeard equivalent for music too.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Automated Music Downloader / Grabber? Any SickBeard/CouchPotato like tools for Music?0