[APPLETV] BDTV/M2TS audio problem (like machine gun)
I have XBMC on my AppleTV (no Broadcom hardware attached, and I'd rather keep it that way if possible).

I have a series of HD videos that are in BDTV/M2TS format (college football games off ESPN and the like). For example, one game is in the BDTV structure and in the STREAM folder there are 00000.m2ts (3.1 GB), 00001.m2ts (2.8 GB), and 00002.m2ts (444 KB). AVCHD format, 60fps, h.264, VBRx8MB/s, 720, audio is AC3 6 channels @ 384 kbps 48khz. As a side note, I got the files from the encoder, but I'm confused because I thought AVCHD was MPEG2, but these files are allegedly h.264.

When I play them back in XBMC on my AppleTV, the video plays fine. However, the audio comes across as a machine-gun like CH CH CH CH CH CH CH sound.

Is there a way to fix this?

Or will I just have to copy the videos to my laptop and ffmpeg them into the native AppleTV HD format (m4v or something) so I can play them back? I'd rather avoid transcoding if possible.

I'm aware of the h.264 720p issue and XBMC not being able to use the nvidia card to process h.264 but rather handles it with the CPU, but the videos actually play on my AppleTV in XBMC, so I thought maybe this was an exception or I'm just lucky or something.

Thanks!

Edit And for what it's worth, I just installed Boxee and set it up, and Boxee seems to play the video decently (a tiny bit of frame dropping resulting in a slightly jerky video). No audio problems.

Edit 2 Boxee results in eventual audio lag.
downmix to 2.0
davilla Wrote:downmix to 2.0

OK. Do you know if there is a way to get ffmpeg on the AppleTV? I'd rather not have to copy 5GB over wireless, encode it, and then copy it back over, if it's possible to get ffmpeg on the AppleTV.
do it with the xbmc settings.
I've got exatly same problem with the sound in XBMC - what do I have to do with the setiings? It works with e.g. Boxee?!
Big Grin 
Video Plays, but audio sounds like a machine gun..

Codec(s) with issue:
- A52 Audio (aka AC3) (a52)
- DTS

To fix -Click:
- System
- System
- Audio output
- unselect/check Dolby Digitial AC3 and DTS as capable receivers...

This is what fixed it for me at least..

xbmc, atv, atv2, apple tv, audio clicking, audio choppy, audio issues
Smile 
this worked perfectly for me thanks
why watch an old football game? we know what the result was! anyways havent had this problem with my 1080p files.
EpicVision Wrote:Video Plays, but audio sounds like a machine gun..

Codec(s) with issue:
- A52 Audio (aka AC3) (a52)
- DTS

To fix -Click:
- System
- System
- Audio output
- unselect/check Dolby Digitial AC3 and DTS as capable receivers...

This is what fixed it for me at least..

xbmc, atv, atv2, apple tv, audio clicking, audio choppy, audio issues

Thanks, fixed my issue... REPPED. Nod

EDIT: Spoke too soon. Did fix the clicking that was coming through my TV, but I am HDMI to TV and Optical to Receiver (doesn't pass)... And when I turn off either AC3 or DTS, there is no audio from the receiver, and no clicking through the TV. Sad

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[APPLETV] BDTV/M2TS audio problem (like machine gun)0