Central Database
Rainbow 
I would like to install three computers in different rooms, which connect to a network storage with my movie collection.

Now I have to build the database on each computer or I build it on one computer and copy it to another. What about the possibility to choose the database save directory on my network storage?

Thanks for this great mediacenter! I use this since the first version for the xbox was released.
This is already possible - search the forums - keyword mysql
Thanks, I will search for the mysql solution.
If the mysql solution looks too messy for you (although it's the preferred solution), read up on Symbolic Links.

Use a symbolic link for the database folder and link it to a shared folder on a server. This will work fine as long as you only use one client/PC as the 'master' to update the database at any single time, and simply use all other PC's to read the same data from the shared folder.

Should work fine in Linux/Vista/7 and probably OSX too.
If you want covers and fanart, setting up using symlinks will be the easier way to go. Plex`s PMS sollution for this is far superior though, but as of right now it only runs on osx. A pluging allowing PMS to serve xbmc is possible, and PMS will release for Windows based rigs later this year.
RckStr Wrote:If you want covers and fanart, setting up using symlinks will be the easier way to go. Plex`s PMS sollution for this is far superior though, but as of right now it only runs on osx. A pluging allowing PMS to serve xbmc is possible, and PMS will release for Windows based rigs later this year.

Just googled it...looks pretty cool!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Central Database0