Add deleted scenes/special featuers to movies in library
One of the few reasons to hold onto dvds anymore is for the special features/deleted scenes.
It would be nice to include those along with movies. It could be displayed similar to how episodes in a season are displayed, with the scenes along with the main feature as options.
I also think this would be really cool, since I have a bunch of extra features and "making of"s that I wish I could be able to include in my XBMC library.

Perhaps it could be a sub menu off the "page" for the movie, with a special icon appearing if the extra features are there (kind of how a trailer button appears if there is a trailer present for the movie)
I also agree with this idea and have posted in a similar thread: http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=57111

Do we know if anyone has made an official feature request in their trac system? If not, I could get to writing one.
Not sure if it's been officially requested in the trac system, but I think jmarshall's idea of extending the trailer function was a good idea.
Simple Solution, Create Movie Sets.
Quote:Movie Set: The Matrix
The Matrix
Making of the Matrix
Philosophy of The Matrix
Creation of Bullet Time

Easily done in Ember Media Manager.
An interesting, albeit less elegant work-around. Thanks for the tip.

Having this be some kind of sub-menu to the movie would still be a great option to have though, since the sets feature makes the movie grouped together with its special features, which is less desirable in my opinion :-).

A simple way of implementing could be to have a sub-folder within the movie's folder in the file system, with each special features video being in there and showing up in the specials sub-menu in the movie library (either off the movie's page, or as a separate section altogether).
I suspect this is not feasible, but it would be great if deleted scenes could somehow be put into the appropriate place within the movie. When dvd first came along, I assumed that there would be an option, "deleted scenes on/off" and they would be played as if not deleted. Much disappointment ensued when I discovered you had to watch them separately.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Add deleted scenes/special featuers to movies in library0