[LIVE][DHARMA B1] Video pauses when pressing play after FF or RW
what I'm seeing is that when I FF or RW certain videos, then press play to resume, the video will pause instead of play. From the debug log, it appears that only one remote command is detected, so I don't believe this is the same issue others have been having with the <remotedelay> setting (which I did try setting to 4 as jmarshall recommended):

Code:
DEBUG: LIRC: Update - NEW at 24862:000000037ff07beb 00 Forward mceusb (Forward)
DEBUG: OnKey: 227 pressed, action is FastForward
ERROR: CDVDAudio::AddPacketsRenderer - timeout adding data to renderer
ERROR: AddPackets - More bytes left than can be stored in buffer
WARNING: CALSADirectSound::CALSADirectSound - device is not able to pause playback, will flush and prefix with 0 frames
WARNING: Previous line repeats 1 times.
DEBUG: LIRC: Update - NEW at 27971:000000037ff07be9 00 Play mceusb (Play)
DEBUG: OnKey: 234 pressed, action is Play
DEBUG: CAnnouncementManager - Announcement: PlaybackSpeedChanged from xbmc
DEBUG: CDVDPlayerAudio:: Discontinuity - was:15109282.654980, should be:11728979.591837, error:-3380303.063143
DEBUG: OnKey: 234 pressed, action is Play
DEBUG: CAnnouncementManager - Announcement: PlaybackPaused from xbmc
WARNING: CALSADirectSound::CALSADirectSound - device is not able to pause playback, will flush and prefix with 8115 frames

using a real MCE remote on XBMC Live Dharma beta 1
You'll need to update the <remotedelay> time a bit - note that 2 "play" commands were sent.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

jmarshall Wrote:You'll need to update the <remotedelay> time a bit - note that 2 "play" commands were sent.

I adjusted remotedelay all the way up to 10, no change in behavior. If I'm just toggling play/pause, it's not an issue - it's specifically when resuming play after FF/RW. And if I use the Play button to toggle play/pause, I see 2 separate LIRC events in the log. In this case, I only see the one.

I also tried adjusting the key repeat rate in my harmony remote to 1000ms, so I knew that only one command was being sent - same behavior. and FWIW, I didn't have this issue under XBMC Live 9.11
Look at the OnKey events, not the LIRC: Update - NEW events. 2 OnKey events following a single LIRC: Update event indicates the button was held.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.

I promise the button isn't being held. With my key repeat delay is 1000ms, and <remotedelay> set to 20 I'm still having the issue.

I have managed to narrow it down - file type does seem to play a role. DVD ISOs/mkvs (mpeg-2) are fine, but SD xvid-encoded files always exhibit the issue. Bluray mkv repacks (AVC, VC1), and x264-encoded mkv content seems to be a mixed bag though.
The log shows everything. With remotedelay set to 20, get a log - if you're still receiving two Play actions, then there's still two being sent.

FWIW, the issue has been resolved in beta2, so I'm happy

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[LIVE][DHARMA B1] Video pauses when pressing play after FF or RW0