SlickRemote - a new remote app for iPhone and iPod Touch
Currently available for free, SlickRemote will return to it's regular price on Monday (might take a bit for the app store to reflect the price change)

SlickRemote, the first application from Capsify, is an application for the iPhone and iPod Touch that functions as a remote control for XBMC. SlickRemote uses the web server that is built into XBMC so that no additional software is needed to connect to your computer.

Get SlickRemote

Features:
- Hi-Res Graphics for iPhone 4
- Media buttons (Play/Pause, Skip, Fast Forward, etc.)
- Supports usernames and passwords
- Navigate through XBMC
- Open Context Menu
- Update Library
- Open On Screen Display
- Toggle fullscreen

Get SlickRemote
Thanks for the promo code. Going to try it out when I get home from work today.
SprkFade Wrote:Thanks for the promo code. Going to try it out when I get home from work today.

I hope that you find it useful. I'd love to hear what you think about it.
Hi, I've just purchased this app and in general it seems to do what it's supposed to do, but I can't work out how to come out from a subfolder to the parent folder. The left arrow at the bottom of the screen just performs an "exit" back to the main menu. Any clues?
Author of the NZ OnDemand and ZoneMinder addons, and caretaker of the pyamf script. Contributor to fanart.tv, TheMovieDB and TheTVDB.
Hi looks good,
i'd like to test it out.
For some reason the promo codes don't work for me.
Guess they are used up or maybe it's US only?

If they are gone, shame on the bitches that don't take a sec to thank you.

Again looks good.
Platforms: macOS - iOS - OSMC
co-author: Red Bull TV add-on
I just bought this app and I have to say so far I am impressed. It was simple to set up and use. Worth the 99 cents.

The only thing that it needs is the arrow that points to the left needs to take you up a level in the folder structure instead of going back to the main menu.
Does this work with Dharma beta2? I can't get it to work at all.Huh
Does this use the old HTTP API or the new JSON interface?
Currently it uses the old HTTP interface so it is compatible with all versions of XBMC. In a future version it will default to the JSON interface with an option to fall back to the HTTP API.

The back issue will be fixed in the next update would should be in the app store in the next few weeks.
bobrap Wrote:Does this work with Dharma beta2? I can't get it to work at all.Huh

I tested with Beta 1 before submitting my app. I have not yet tested with Beta 2 (it wasn't out when I submitted the app to Apple), but my guess is that the HTTP-API is not in Beta 2. The app will be using JSON in the near future.

EDIT:
Check your settings and make sure "Allow applications to control XBMC through HTTP" is selected. It definitely works with Beta 2 and Beta 3 as well.
tripkip Wrote:Hi looks good,
i'd like to test it out.
For some reason the promo codes don't work for me.
Guess they are used up or maybe it's US only?

If they are gone, shame on the bitches that don't take a sec to thank you.

Again looks good.

I think that they are all gone, but I believe that for whatever reason Apple restricts promo codes to the US.
Tried it out on the new beta2 and everything seems to be working great. It's a real solid app. Nice job.

I'm not sure if you're looking for suggestions, but if there was a way to queue/play/pause/stop songs through the app (without having to look at the TV) it would be perfect.
SprkFade Wrote:Tried it out on the new beta2 and everything seems to be working great. It's a real solid app. Nice job.

I'm not sure if you're looking for suggestions, but if there was a way to queue/play/pause/stop songs through the app (without having to look at the TV) it would be perfect.

You can use the media buttons at the top of the remote to play/pause/stop/skip without having to look at the TV now. But I'm guessing that you are asking to be able to choose songs to play or add to the playlist directly from the app itself, correct?
jetshred Wrote:You can use the media buttons at the top of the remote to play/pause/stop/skip without having to look at the TV now. But I'm guessing that you are asking to be able to choose songs to play or add to the playlist directly from the app itself, correct?

Yeah, exactly.
I'll certainly look into it. The next version will have a setting toggle for XBMC or Plex. That will allow me to knock the back button bug out and will pave the way for adding XBMC specific features (such as the new API), which in turn will allow me to implement things like you have requested. I'll post to this thread when the next update is submitted to Apple.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
SlickRemote - a new remote app for iPhone and iPod Touch1