Dual monitor support still horribly broken
davilla Wrote:I think guisettings.xml remembers the window size, change that to what you want and XBMC will use it next time it's run.

Xml gets overwritten on startup.
My skins:

Amber
Quartz

Does anyone know how this works with 2 videocards? Would that solve it? I really need xbmc on my tv to work independant of my monitor, if it takes a second videocard, then thats what I'll buy.
Did anyone come up with a solution? Did running the second graphics card work?

It works pretty well in windowed mode on my left monitor (27", 1920x1080) while I do stuff (browse, email, etc) on my right monitor (22" 1680x1050). I would prefer to run full screen on the left. If I have it go full screen it disappears as soon as I click on the other screen.

Windows7 Pro
AMD Phenom II X4 965 3.40GHz Quad
ASUS M4A785-M with Integrate ATI Radeon HD4200 (this is my current graphics output, VGA and DVI)
6 Gig RAM
You're in Mac support section but your PC seams to be running Windows?
My skins:

Amber
Quartz

also, when you fast forward or rewind in dual screen mode on macos, it hang for a few seconds then responds. if you unplug the second monitor, it works fine again. then you plug in the second monitor, and it is still okay. seems like the problem is when you start xbmc for the first time after a period of non-use.
Edited because I realized I was hijacking thread. Still, props to posters with tips on playing xbmc in dual monitor situations.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Dual monitor support still horribly broken0