[XBMC-PVR] tvheadend ok but XBMC won't show channels
Hi,

I'm so far successfully "playing" with the pvr-testing branch of XBMC on Gentoo Linux, and I decided to give a try to tvheadend backend because vdr 1.7 is crashing when it uses more than one tuner at the same time (DVB-T happauge 500TD, double tuner).

tvheadend backend seems correctly configured to me (on tvheadend web interface: finally channels are visible, EPG is read), but no channels is visible through "live TV" section of XBMC (tvheadend client addon is activated of course). XBMC successfully authenticate to tvheadend backend (tvheadend logs), and seems to catch some bits of info (XBMC logs with debug mode enabled, I start XBMC, disable tvheadend addon, then re-enable it) but no channel is maped in XBMC at the end.

The rest of the system is OK (vdr was fully working provided I use only one tuner).
Versions used:
XBMC: revision 33834
tvheadend: version 2.11 or revision 5369 (same problem).
architecture: x86_64

None of them are patched (I forgot: avahi and xmltv are disabled at compilation time in tvheadend).

Can you give me a hand or a direction to look at?
I've got exactly the same problem; while VDR works, no channels show up when using TVHeadend. I haven't found the time to analyse the debug log yet so there may be some small differences... Funny thing is that there isn't an error raised. In other threads, I've read that you should add TVHeadend's HTSP as a (video ?) source... Was this the case when the plugin didn't exist yet (or when you use the main tree)? If that way still works, we could try it on pvr-testing2...

Since I'm at work at the moment, I don't know exactly which XBMC/TVHeadend version/rev I'm using... (although I'm almost certain tvheadend is also from the r53xx series). I'm running Ubuntu Lucid i386 and use a TerraTec Cinergy C PCI HD (DVB-C) card.

Hope that this one is easy to fix.. TVHeadend with XBMC looks promising! Smile

Edit: I've looked at the following part logfile from Elgoretto :
Code:
240.19:03:28 T:139775757309712 M:874000384  NOTICE: PVR: TV Database holds no TV channels, reading channels from clients
241.19:03:28 T:139775552059152 M:874008576   DEBUG: thread start, auto delete: 0
242.19:03:28 T:139775552059152 M:874008576   DEBUG: Thread 139775552059152 terminating
I don't know for sure, but it seems that the started thread doesn't return anything. This suggests that XBMC doesn't do anything wrong when the thread terminates (it doesn't have any channels to parse). If it would have gotten any channels from said thread, I would suspect them to show up in the log because earlier on in the log, it shows the ParseTagUpdate per channel. Is the thread that XBMC starts called with the right options or is there a protocol mismatch for example?! The fact that XBMC doesn't get the TV/Radio channels, doesn't necessarily mean a problem so that would explain why there isn't an error raised.

If we could use the 'HTSP as source' option and that works, I would suspect a problem with XBMC calling that thread the wrong way..

Or am I missing something here ? Smile
Doing more tests, I set manually some recordings via tvheadend web interface which are OK.
XBMC can see them in liveTV recordings section (one of the 2 can't be read this way, but going into videos sections and selecting it finally works).

So it seems to be a partial compatibility issue between tvheadend server and the xbmc tvheadend client (+1 j.stam.84: strange indeed, no error is raised on both xbmc or tvheadend sides)

I'll try to set a HTSP source this evening, but in my understandings (I've read last dozen of forum pages in the main tvheadend thread of this forum) it's not required at all when using liveTV tvheadend client.
I fixed the problem by upgrading XBMC to a later SVN version! I now use svn r33599.
The fact is I was already using svn r33834 at the time of first post.
So except suffering a regression after the r33599 you are using, I shouldn't have this channels problem.

Moreover, I since upgraded to r34105 with no luck. Today I'll try r34236.

I'll try to erase .xbmc directory and reconfigure xbmc from scratch tonight. After that, I'm out of idea.
No luck with xbmc update or erasing .xbmc directory.

But good news!!!
Clearly xbmc can access tvheadend livetv channels: I manually added an htsp source, and I saw this when opening the htsp source:
  • chaînes en direct
  • tag: GR1
  • [...]
  • tag: NTN
  • [...]
  • tag: live channels

And selecting a tag give me accordingly tagged channels, selecting "tag: live channels" or "chaînes en direct" (franch translation for live channels... huho? Yeah, my system has french UTF8 locale) and I get all TV channels (and I can watch them).

That gives me an idea.
I dont't what string the the XBMC tvheadend client addon is looking for, but if it's "live channels" without being a tag, having the french string instead might be the problem.

I hope the addon is a script so that I an easily have a look in it.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[XBMC-PVR] tvheadend ok but XBMC won't show channels0