XBMC Sirius (satellite radio online streams) scripting help?
I've trying to resurrect the Sirius streaming script for XBMC and I've hit a roadblock. I was wondering if I could get some help from people familiar with Python and that has a Sirius user account to assist me.

The basic info: since Sirius has both a username/password on their login screen, it's grabbing the HTML of the login screen, then parsing it for the image number (accessing 056.jpg will always be the same set of letters), then going into a string of hard-set captcha codes and outputting those letters on the Sirius log in screen through XBMC. What I'm having a problem with is the login screen in general, the login button does nothing.

These are now posted onto googlecode. RunSirius.py is the main script file.

Thank you for any and all help you can provide.
what is it?
ppic Wrote:what is it?

If you're asking what Sirius is, it's a satellite radio system that provides online streaming of selected stations through their website.

If you're asking what the problem is, there's a login button upon start up which has no reaction when selected. At my google code account (here), the login code begins at line 287. self.capAns is established as an empty variable at line 225.
ok, so ,
the zip you give is a script make by who?
have you tried to contact the original authors?
is this script require an account to be useable?
what error have you in log when using it ?
ppic Wrote:ok, so ,
the zip you give is a script make by who?
have you tried to contact the original authors?
is this script require an account to be useable?
what error have you in log when using it ?

it's a script made by someone else, who decided to stop working on the script, so i picked it up.
original author abandoned it, and the others who picked it up shortly after have done the same.
yes, an account is required.
there is no error when logging in.
Okay, I'm a BIG moron when it comes to this stuff, but I had a question.

It's possible to download the Yahoo widget of the Sirius player here and then unpack it with this. Once unpacked, there are configuration files available in the folder. I am wondering if these files can somehow point you down the path that it uses to log a person in? I can save you some time and just email you the files if you PM me with your addy.

Just a thought.
LakersFan Wrote:It's possible to download the Yahoo widget of the Sirius player here and then unpack it with this. Once unpacked, there are configuration files available in the folder. I am wondering if these files can somehow point you down the path that it uses to log a person in? I can save you some time and just email you the files if you PM me with your addy.

Yep, another user had mentioned that widget through emails. Those are essentially zip files, so technically you don't need a widget converter, 7zip opens them with no issues. I'm 99% sure that this is a script related issue, not a Sirius issue, so the widget wouldn't help much. Finding the correct addresses for all the actions is pretty easy once logged in, but I can't get to the point where I can check that those work because I can't get logged in within the script.
Best of luck Calvin, I was actually looking for a Sirius add-on and ran into this
Has any headway been made on this? Just curious and bumping
Silverstone Case with Windows 7 HTPC(considering Ubuntu) with Biostar TA790GX A3+ w/ Quad-core Phenom 2 processor, 8GB DDR3 G-Skill Ripjaw RAM, Zotac nvidia gt430 gpu w/hdmi 1.4a, Pioneer BD-S02 Bluray Combo drive, Mygica HD Thriller ATSC/NTSC Clear QAM Hybrid PCI PVR card, USB-UIRT, Onkyo HT-S9300THX 7.1 System, 50" Panasonic Viera 3DTV (TC-P50GT25), Verizon Fios with Motorola HD DVR, XBOX 360 w/ Kinect, Panasonic DMP-BDT100 FullHD 3D Bluray Player, X10 NStinct Remote
Unfortunately, no. I can't figure out what's going on, and no one else stepped up to take a look and/or fix the code...
If I knew enough about it, I would...still trying to study C as it is, much less dive into python without finishing that...since it's only a free-time activity for me, I don't get much headway when my life is hectic elsewhere...
Silverstone Case with Windows 7 HTPC(considering Ubuntu) with Biostar TA790GX A3+ w/ Quad-core Phenom 2 processor, 8GB DDR3 G-Skill Ripjaw RAM, Zotac nvidia gt430 gpu w/hdmi 1.4a, Pioneer BD-S02 Bluray Combo drive, Mygica HD Thriller ATSC/NTSC Clear QAM Hybrid PCI PVR card, USB-UIRT, Onkyo HT-S9300THX 7.1 System, 50" Panasonic Viera 3DTV (TC-P50GT25), Verizon Fios with Motorola HD DVR, XBOX 360 w/ Kinect, Panasonic DMP-BDT100 FullHD 3D Bluray Player, X10 NStinct Remote
Ok... so... I was checking my usual websites and just happened to stumble on a doosy... If you aren't aware yet, Sirius and XM recently combined their websites into SiriusXM.com, and have revamped their streaming interface into a flash driven interface. As far as I know, all of the code for logging in, accessing the channels, displaying the songs playing- essentially all of the coding needed to get RunXM/Sirius operational- lies within the flash interface which probably only Sirius/XM designers have access to, and interactive flash does not (as far as I know) work on XBMC, and it doesn't seem that this ability will be added (due to no open source flash player interpreter being available).

So... at this point, I think retiring the RunXM/Sirius XBMC scripts is the only option. It's been a fun ride, and thanks to everyone for the support and encouragement in getting these up and running after Sirius/XM website adjustments. I'll still be around the XBMC forums, and I'll try to get some other scripts going.
Just wanted to pass this on, I'm working on attempting to "resurrect" XBMC Sirius and RunXM with NiceMac LLC (creator of StarPlayr for Mac computers). Since Sirius and XM Radio are now combined into the SiriusXM website, I'm considering merging the two programs together into one for XBMC. Nothing is official at this point, there is no working version. It would probably result in a "merged" rename of this add-on, and the closing of this and the RunXM threads. Those may/will be revealed at the right time.
Has there been a Sirius add-on available for XBMC yet?
Any updates on this? I'd be very interested.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBMC Sirius (satellite radio online streams) scripting help?0