Black background when playing music
Hey everyone,

yes I am a newbie and don't know any scripting or code Sad

Have been trying to convince the missus into getting a htpc for ages and she is finally letting me, so beforehand I have been playing with xbc on my pc at home and at work.

today I downloaded Aeon65 at work and installed it into the XBMC_Dharma_34309 nightly build after lots of problems with other versions.

In work on the XP laptop all worked fine but now I have installed it onto my Win7 PC whenever I play music it blanks out the background.
I have included a few piccies as to what I mean.

i have disabled visulations (if I enable them they show up) and the background image ont he main screen is just blank, if I then stop the music they imiditaly re-appear.

Am I missing something very obvious?
thanks

Darren

Main home screen without music playing

Selecting music to play which works fine

Home screen now music is playing
seem to have sorted it, must have been a glitch on my pc

I went into the homescreen settings (s on keyboard) and enabled home visuals and then disabled again and it worked!

Anywho, have now downloaded the MQ2 and must say.. very nice Smile
I had the same problem, I realised its the visualisation when you have visualisations disabled via the home screen as you said.

I'm still hoping someone will come up with a visualisation screen that shows the cd case, next tracks etc as on the home screen with the artist fanart in the background.
Jimmeh Wrote:I had the same problem, I realised its the visualisation when you have visualisations disabled via the home screen as you said.

I'm still hoping someone will come up with a visualisation screen that shows the cd case, next tracks etc as on the home screen with the artist fanart in the background.

you want the back of the cd case showing with all the song titles??
ZombieRobot Wrote:you want the back of the cd case showing with all the song titles??

To clarify, I'm talking about the screen you get if you play a music file, and press TAB to switch to the playback view. When I get home from work I will take a screen shot and annotate it.

If I was compiling a list of "would likes":

*No jewel cases of any kind, I really think they look cheap. Only cover art.
*Now and next playing as displayed in the same way as the home screen widget, including cover art.
*No cdart spinning discs, they spin unevenly and spoil the look and feel.
*Format logos and bitrate displays need some love so that they match the small, neat ones on the movie library.
*Cycle fanart for the artist currently playing from the root artist directory, and album directories under that.

There was a mod along these lines a while ago if I remember correctly, but it was out of date and for a different skin I think. Correct me if I'm wrong.
Your list of 'would likes' doesn't match mine. It's obvious that anyone has a personal take on any view or setting, however, some of these features will probably make it to Aeon65 v2 (the music visualization is reworked there also Wink )

Quote:*No jewel cases of any kind, I really think they look cheap. Only cover art.
I like the cd case, without it looks like an album packed in an cardboard envelope. Probably in Aeon65 v2, this will be toggled on/off also for music visualization
Quote:*Now and next playing as displayed in the same way as the home screen widget, including cover art.
Would be nice, but with the risk of cluttering the view. I always listen to an entire album, so i will end up with three thumbs of the same album.
Quote:*No cdart spinning discs, they spin unevenly and spoil the look and feel.
I really like cdarts, almost all my albums had the corresponding cd label, looks more realistic.
Quote:*Format logos and bitrate displays need some love so that they match the small, neat ones on the movie library.
Probably, but all of them are true to the original logos
Quote:*Cycle fanart for the artist currently playing from the root artist directory, and album directories under that.
xbmc doesn't natively upport that, all skins use hacks to display multiple fanart, i found this rather annoying, you don't want cdarts, but you don't mind if your entire background changes from time to time? you have the 'half-way' solution: fanart for every album, so, at least, fanart will change when you play a track from a different album...
Don't want to understate your opinions, just to clarify that every user might think differently about any view or setting, so the skinner will never end up satisfying everyone's wishes
I believe this bug black screen on 'music is playing now' is a bug in XBMC. The background image below the visual effects worked well until recently, not anymore.

sergiocos Wrote:Don't want to understate your opinions, just to clarify that every user might think differently about any view or setting, so the skinner will never end up satisfying everyone's wishes
Oh absolutely, I wasn't suggesting for a minute that my hopes and dreams represent those of everyone else in the community. Thanks for taking the time to reply in such detail.

Quote:I like the cd case, without it looks like an album packed in an cardboard envelope. Probably in Aeon65 v2, this will be toggled on/off also for music visualization
Great thanks Smile

Quote:I really like cdarts, almost all my albums had the corresponding cd label, looks more realistic.
I think the cdarts would look great if they didn't appear off centre when they spin, if they didn't wobble I would probably use them too.

Quote:Probably, but all of them are true to the original logos
I think they just need to have a consistent colour scheme and size, and probably make them a bit smaller so they aren't "in your face"

Quote:you don't want cdarts, but you don't mind if your entire background changes from time to time?
As above I only dislike the cdarts because the spinning animation is wonky, I think the concept itself is fantastic. Background transitions like on the main menu but only for the artist currently playing is what I had in mind, but if its not possible then its not possible Smile

Thanks again for your reply, I really appreciate all the work that goes into these skins and mods, and didn't intend to come across with a list of demands if you interpreted it that way.

Cheers.
Jimmeh Wrote:I think the cdarts would look great if they didn't appear off centre when they spin, if they didn't wobble I would probably use them too.

I think they just need to have a consistent colour scheme and size, and probably make them a bit smaller so they aren't "in your face"

As above I only dislike the cdarts because the spinning animation is wonky, I think the concept itself is fantastic. Background transitions like on the main menu but only for the artist currently playing is what I had in mind, but if its not possible then its not possible Smile

Cheers.

you´re using a 16:9 resolution?
Donate: https://kodi.tv/contribute/donate (foundation), 146Gr48FqHM7TPB9q33HHv6uWpgQqdz1yk (BTC personal)
Estuary: Kodis new default skin - ExtendedInfo Script - KodiDevKit
phil65 Wrote:you´re using a 16:9 resolution?

16:10, 1920x1200, but I am moving to a 1080p TV via HDMI soon so I can test it again.
there are several glitches in positioning or sizing on 16:10 displays, I noticed on my monitor... on my tv everything looks as it should Smile
sergiocos Wrote:there are several glitches in positioning or sizing on 16:10 displays, I noticed on my monitor... on my tv everything looks as it should Smile

correct, 16:10 resolutions are not supported.
Donate: https://kodi.tv/contribute/donate (foundation), 146Gr48FqHM7TPB9q33HHv6uWpgQqdz1yk (BTC personal)
Estuary: Kodis new default skin - ExtendedInfo Script - KodiDevKit
Righto, will try it out when I get the new TV then. Thanks all for the feedback. Much appreciated.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Black background when playing music0