• 10(current)
I want a "My TV" section (with a separate database)
Please note that tv series have to be sorted in season folders and that you should/have to probably delete your video database.

Possible folder structures:
Heroes/Heroes.S01E01.HDTV.XviD-LOL
Heroes/Heroes.S01E02.HDTV.XviD-LOL
CSI\Season.01\csi.102-amc.avi
CSI\Season.01\CSI.S01E02.HDTV.XviD-LOL

This would NOT work:
unsorted\Are.You.Smarter.Than.A.5th.Grader.S01E01.PDTV.XviD-SORNY
unsorted\Jack.Osbourne.Adrenaline.Junkie.II.S02E01.WS.PDTV.XviD-REMAX

every series has to have its own folder named after the series!
I have been having trouble compiling XBMC from the videodb branch since about the last sync with the main trunk. (rev 7898 was about the last that compiled)
Anyone else having problems?
I've tried using build.bat, XBMCDBR in local source mode and the .sln but all fail.
The error I think (will try again in a minute) was in the libscrobbler.
I have tried with fresh source but still no go. The main trunk will compile fine.

snappz
And just realised that 8044 is in the main trunk. Will try it now.
Thanks
do you know how happy i am that XBMC is STILL being actively developed and updated. thanks guys for all your hard work, I truly appreciate it.

Now if I could just find a motherboard to replace the one I blew in my 2nd xbox!! HAHAHA
Would it still work if it was done like this? I would imagine it would since most programs are more then 1 season long. Just wanted to prepare myself for excitement, since this is a long awaited really nice feature many of use will enjoy!!! Thanks big time to SPIFF!!!!!! YEAAAAAH!!!!
Heroes\Season 1\101 - Genesis.avi
Heroes\Season 1\102 - Don't Look Back.avi, etc.
Family Guy\Season 1\101-...
Family Guy\Season 1\102-..., etc.
Family Guy\Season 2\201-..., etc.
Family Guy\Season 3\301-..., etc.
yes. a series is a folder. anything inside it is listed recursively. however, those file names won't cut it. we need separators ( ,-_[) on each side of the episode number or we'll get errors with stuff like 24.
Is that the way it was implemented, or is it possible in the future it could work that way? I would think a lot of people out there already have there file cleaned up the way there named. I know when all the files are downloaded, they are already in that format, however, changed to a cleaner name afterwards. Well, in way, thanks again for adding that functionality.
it can be changed.

it's just not something we want to do. it will arse up in a lot of situations.

sure, you can only consider your situation. i have to consider them all.
I can't seem to get my shows into the database. After I set the content as TV shows and select a scrapper and enable automatic scanning, it extremely quickly goes through the folders and returns with nothing in the library. My files are in the following format:

/[series name]/Season #/[series name] - SxxExx - [episode name].[extension]

As an example...

/Dead Like Me/Season 1/Dead Like Me - S01E01 - Pilot.avi
/Dead Like Me/Season 1/Dead Like Me - S01E02 - Dead Girl Walking.avi
/Dead Like Me/Season 1/Dead Like Me - S01E03 - Curious George.avi
/Dead Like Me/Season 1/Dead Like Me - S01E04 - Reapercussions.avi
/Dead Like Me/Season 2/Dead Like Me - S02E01 - Send In The Clown.avi
/Oz/Season 4/Oz - S04E02 - Obituaries.avi
/Oz/Season 4/Oz - S04E08 - You Bet Your Life.avi

Not sure if it's simply something I didn't do or perhaps the scrapper doesn't take spaces into account or something. Let me know if there's anything I can do to help.
those should work just fine (filestructure).

see what's put into your debug log.

also; note this. you assign the content to be TVSHOWS not a TVSHOW.

meaning that you need to assign the folder holding dead like me and oz, not the dirs themself.

if you assign the dirs themself, the lookups will be performed on 'season 1' or 'season 4'.
Ah, okay.. I believe what I did was I set my TV Shows directory, not each individual show. My files are on a Samba share, if it makes a difference.

It appears that XBMC can't properly retrieve the information from either TV show scrapper. (My Xbox is online and fully connected to the net and I've tested the connectivity, so it might be a scrapper issue.)

Here's the errors, first tv.com scrapper...

07:15:44 M: 33906688 DEBUG: DIRECTORY::CSMBDirectory::OpenDir - Using authentication url smb://GODZILLA/Jay/Video/TV%20Shows/Bam%27s%20Unholy%20Union
07:15:44 M: 33906688 DEBUG: CVideoDatabase::GetTvShowInfo(smb://GODZILLA/Jay/Video/TV Shows/Bam's Unholy Union/Season 1/), query = select tvshowlinkpath.idShow from path,tvshowlinkpath where tvshowlinkpath.idpath = path.idpath and strPath like 'smb://'
07:15:44 M: 33312768 INFO: Get URL:
07:15:44 M: 33312768 ERROR: Invalid url:
07:15:44 M: 33312768 ERROR: IMDB: Unable to retrieve web site
07:15:44 M: 33312768 ERROR: IMDb::Error looking up movie

And then the Zsori scrapper...

07:18:57 M: 33484800 DEBUG: DIRECTORY::CSMBDirectory::OpenDir - Using authentication url smb://GODZILLA/Jay/Video/TV%20Shows/Bam%27s%20Unholy%20Union
07:18:57 M: 33484800 DEBUG: CVideoDatabase::GetTvShowInfo(smb://GODZILLA/Jay/Video/TV Shows/Bam's Unholy Union/Season 1/), query = select tvshowlinkpath.idShow from path,tvshowlinkpath where tvshowlinkpath.idpath = path.idpath and strPath like 'smb://'
07:18:57 M: 32890880 INFO: Get URL:
07:18:57 M: 32890880 ERROR: Invalid url:
07:18:57 M: 32890880 ERROR: IMDB: Unable to retrieve web site
07:18:57 M: 32890880 ERROR: IMDb::Error looking up movie

The actual directory that I used Set Content on was smb://GODZILLA/Jay/Video/TV Shows/Bam's Unholy Union/.
Running it on the TV Shows directory shows that XBMC does run through each show's folders, but each and every last one of them gives me the same URL error as above.
Sorry for the repeat posts (no way to edit?)... Setting the TV Shows directory content and scanning gives me this for each TV show in the directory:

07:24:34 M: 33755136 DEBUG: CVideoDatabase::GetTvShowInfo(smb://GODZILLA/Jay/Video/TV Shows/Everybody Hates Chris/), query = select tvshowlinkpath.idShow from path,tvshowlinkpath where tvshowlinkpath.idpath = path.idpath and strPath like 'smb://'
07:24:34 M: 33161216 INFO: Get URL:
07:24:34 M: 33161216 ERROR: Invalid url:
07:24:34 M: 33161216 ERROR: IMDB: Unable to retrieve web site
07:24:34 M: 33161216 ERROR: IMDb::Error looking up movie
your scraper keeps returning empty url's. i'd investigate if the xml's could have possibly been corrupted somehow.

i'm at work but i will be cracking further on this tonite if everything plays out as expected.
I had a quick play before I left for work and noticed if I set the content on my share folder and scanned it came back with nothing. I then went and did a lookup on each shows folder (eg Stargate Atlantis) it would return my results.

Would I be right in assuming if a file is labeled ep01 instead of e01 it will not work? I think this was a problem in one of my show folders
  • 10(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
I want a "My TV" section (with a separate database)1