• 14(current)
I want a "My TV" section (with a separate database)
Elaborating on spiff's point, we're not required to put the series name into the filename. That's taken from the folder, as jmarshall said. However, using the series name in the beginning of the file name makes the most sense currently.

As spiff said, the season/episode numbers can't come first in the filename, so no: S03E06 - Blah.avi

You have to have something in front of the S03E06 that will work as a separator. You could do something like: SHOW - S03E06 - Blah.avi and actually have the word "SHOW" in front of every file. That's kind of silly, so that's why I suggested putting the actual series name at the start of the file, in the place of "SHOW".

Like spiff said, once he makes it all configurable, it won't really matter, but if people want to use the scrapers properly now, they should setup their filenames so they work.
zerojay Wrote:Unfortunately, it's missing way too much for me to really use it.

Can you elaborate? The site is scraping directly from tv.com, so it has all of the information tv.com has. It also has a couple hundred anime series that tv.com doesn't have, and a few tv miniseries and foreign shows on top of that. Additionally, there are far more series and season banners on my site than tv.com, since we allow users to submit them.

I'm just trying to make the site as useful as possible, so any feedback you can give is greatly appreciated.
szsori Wrote:Can you elaborate? The site is scraping directly from tv.com, so it has all of the information tv.com has. It also has a couple hundred anime series that tv.com doesn't have, and a few tv miniseries and foreign shows on top of that. Additionally, there are far more series and season banners on my site than tv.com, since we allow users to submit them.

I'm just trying to make the site as useful as possible, so any feedback you can give is greatly appreciated.

I think he was talking about tv show screenshots.
no I'm sorry I'm mistaken
So am I correct that this won't scrape correctly:

Seinfeld\Seinfeld - s1e01 - Episode Name.iso

Do I neeed to have a season folder? I tried to scan in my TV Shows that are named like the above example and something scans really quickly, but nothing shows in the db (using the latest T3CH release).
try using 'tv show information' instead of scan. i have fixed some bugs.
I would have edited the retarded remark had there been an edit function, hence why I took it back in the next post......
dont take my sarcasm too seriously:p
Attempting to add a TV show manually to the database results in it being entered in the movie database instead.
I've added an option to advancedsettings.xml to manually set the regular expressions for the filename matching.

See: http://www.xboxmediacenter.com/wiki/inde...atching.3E

You can match based on the entire path..
Affini Wrote:Maybe taking a 'survey' of how people sort/store the files is good to give Spiff an idea of what is most popular?

I do this...

<SMB share root> : temp shows, will be deleted after watching
|-- <Show Type> : Educational, Comedy, etc
|-- <Show Name>
|-- <Season> : if it has a season... some like BBC specials do not
|-- <File> : Episode # - Episode Name; example = "04 - War on Drugs.avi"

I see no reason to have long filenames with the show name and season if the DB is going to track everything and we are going to browse via the DB, graphically.

Im with affini (and quite a few others) on this one. All of my files are labeled "1 - Pilot.avi" I think that having each file name have the entire series-season-episode#-episodename is a little much. I know that due to shows like 24 there seems to be a problem. Since i don't watch 24 or have any episodes, is there any way to fix the reg expression to properly read shows saved in a file structure such as affini listed above?
the show 24 should not be an issue for RegEx... you just make sure to have a separator before the show name... a dash will do just fine.

example: 01 - 24.avi
I'm not an expert but I play one at work.
Well please use the tvshowmatching feature in advancedsettings to adjust you regexps then..

There is no way we can have working defaults for all setups imo.
screw your setups. we need to consider the least common denominator and that is to require sane filenames.

you can setup whatever regexps you want.
spiff Wrote:try using 'tv show information' instead of scan. i have fixed some bugs.

That worked. Thanks. I noticed one thing (maybe it's already been fixed)... some TV shows don't get a description. I'm not talking about episodes, but the description of the show itself. Most of mine didn't get one even though the site (TV.com) does indeed have a description.

I know this is basically a beta release and things will continue to change regarding the handling of TV shows, but I assume at some point there will be a new page layout for the TV info once it's more polished? The currently used Movie info screen doesn't really suit the info IMO. Either way, great work and I'm glad to see this implemented into XBMC.
  • 14(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
I want a "My TV" section (with a separate database)1