• 15(current)
I want a "My TV" section (with a separate database)
Hi, loving the whole tv database thing!

One bug, using the tvdb scraper (the one thats not tv.com) take a look at desperate housewives season 2. The episode listing starts at 0, because of the special. However when it grabs the episode info for episode 1 for example, it get the info for episode 0 as its the first in the list.

Also i would like to be able to choose from all of the show banners the site has to offer, not just take the first one.

And finally, will there be any chance of season posters to be supported?

Keep up the good work!
Affini Wrote:the show 24 should not be an issue for RegEx... you just make sure to have a separator before the show name... a dash will do just fine.

example: 01 - 24.avi

There seems to be a little misunderstanding. What i was saying affini is that I save my Tv shows on a folder level as Series/Season#/ then at the file level they are saved as "episode# - episodename.avi" Unless i misread your post that is the same scheme that you use, one that does not seem to work.

spiff Wrote:screw your setups. we need to consider the least common denominator and that is to require sane filenames.
you can setup whatever regexps you want.

@spiff, I did not mean to overstep my bounds, all i was wondering was if it were possible to edit the reg exp to work for this scheme or if the conflict was more indepth.
as donj said, he has added configurable regexp's. and yes, they can work on the entire path.

i guess nothing speaks clearer than an example.

Season([0-9]*)[/\\]([09]*) - [^/\\]*
Spiff,
First off... thank you again for making this reality!

One suggestion:
Can you put in something for those not RegEx inclined?
It would be cool to have a GUI setting so the user can choose the format they use. Basically a GUI that allows them to "build" the format for scraping...

they'd put in something like this...

Folder Structure:
<SMB share root>\<Show Type>\<Show Name>\<Season>
File Structure:
<Episode#><space><dash><space><Episode Name><extension>

... and the expression is built for them and put into the settings?
I'm not an expert but I play one at work.
no. learn.
spiff Wrote:no. learn.

I use RegEx quite frequently in my scripting so the request was not for me...

I'm always hoping that XBMC get more widely adpoted and the best way to do that is to make it easy to install and modify by non-techies. So both techies and non-techies will be drawn to it... just like a few nice people did with the install of the softmods/dashes/etc via a DVD loader.

just a thought...

either way, thank you for the great work, it is appreciated.
I'm not an expert but I play one at work.
As requests come in for different file structures, someone should just update the wiki with the appropriate regex. That way, people that don't understand regex's can find the one they need easily. If their structure isn't on the wiki, they can just make a forum post. This is still pretty simple, especially since the most common file naming schemes are handled by default.

I'd update the wiki myself, but I'm too busy working on something else.
slang123 Wrote:Hi, loving the whole tv database thing!

One bug, using the tvdb scraper (the one thats not tv.com) take a look at desperate housewives season 2. The episode listing starts at 0, because of the special. However when it grabs the episode info for episode 1 for example, it get the info for episode 0 as its the first in the list.
This post is for both spiff and szori

I'm having the same problem with
American Dad! - Season 1
Grey's Anatomy - Seasons 2 & 3

They either start with an episode 0 or have recap shows in them. Is there any way that the TVDb can standardize specials i.e. start them at a large arbitrary number (01x1000) there is at least one show with nearly 300 episodes in the first season or Soap Operas. Use a letter 01xS01. and or have the scraper ignore episode 0 in the Db till it's resolved.

Other than that the TV Library is working perfect after the latest update. Kepp up the great work!
I'm having a problem with the latest T3CH release. When I tried to scan in my TV Shows, it got the show info and created a folder for each show in the db, but it won't retrieve any episode info or enter them into the db. I have tried TV Show Information, but all that does is return the synopsis of the show. Scan New Content and Set Content just yields a popup that quickly disappears with nothing happening. In the last T3CH build, I was able to get everything right, but it's not working for me on this one. Is there a bug or am I doing something wrong?
I am experiencing the same problem. My series are named oright, because they worked fine in the last before now. But now, i scan, and it finds nothing. The last recent build it scanned them fine. Showed the "Episode Info" like normal when you clicked on the 'white' button. Now, it doesn't seem to scan anything in that area. Guess i'll delete my DB and see if it got corrupt.
Update- I just removed and started over with previous build (just the xbe file) and tried grabbing info, and it all works, and shows each episode info it getting along with the progress bar. Something with the new build, but hard i'm one of few having this issue, must be something i'm doing.
Another thing i forgot to mention, is when i changed the picture/icon for the tv show manually to the one on my hard drive, when i went back out to the selection screen, it still showed the same icon that i just changed it FROM, but after putting previous xbmc xbe file back on, and do this, it properly displays the newly changed one. Then i put the new xbe file back on (with all same files originally with new build still on), and it goes back to not working right. I'll keep messing around with things i guess.
yeah i'm having that problem too, worked fine before. Jmarshall said the scraper had changed slightly so thats probably the root of my problem :S I'l probably wait for a while before i figure out the regexp business just to see if it is maybe something askew in the code that gets fixed
I am new to XBMC, just discovered it. I very much love it, since for me watching movies and shows on my computer is not a choice, can't stand it.

I was just wondering what the status is on this TV SHOWS section. I would like to help if I can... I have lots of experience with Perl regular expressions (I am a Java programmer) and can help with the scrappers. Let me know what you all need help with and I will do my best to contribute.
spiff, was wondering why it's only possible to "scan for new content" in file mode and not library mode?
you mean for tvshows? good question :p
  • 15(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
I want a "My TV" section (with a separate database)1