• 16(current)
I want a "My TV" section (with a separate database)
added to svn @ rev 8351.

deafzombie, while i sincerly appreciate the offer, afaik the scrapers arent really in need of much more work. perhaps you could write a new one for some other site?
spiff, you guys are crazy fast Wink tnx man
spiff Wrote:screw your setups. we need to consider the least common denominator and that is to require sane filenames.

you can setup whatever regexps you want.

I'd normally agree with this but PLEASE remember that files stored on the XBOX have a character limit that cannot allow the long filenames you are reccomending.
I'm not an expert but I play one at work.
well, personally i find storing stuff locally stupid (limited filesystem, limited space, awkward accessiblility). and that has absolutely no effect on my having to consider the lowest common denominator. so i upheld my recommendations and hence the defaults.
Besides, the only things that are required in the path/filename are series name, season number, and episode number. I've got a ton of series on my Xbox and they work perfectly. No reason anyone should have issues fitting that info into the Xbox's file structure.
Yah you would probably have to do something similar to this format tho

Series/Season_01/01_Title.avi
Series/Season_01/01-Title.avi
Series/Season_01/01 - Title.avi
Series/Season_01/01.Title.avi

for anyone who is interested I made some regexp for that format although I haven't had a chance to test it out.

Regexp:

[\._]([0-9][0-9]*)[\\]([0-9][0-9]*)[^\\/]*
or,

[\._]([0-9]+)[\\/]([0-9]+)[^\\/]*

+ means one or more - hence no need for your double trickery.
yah I'm a bit rusty on my regexp
I'ts been a long time since I've really used it and somehow I've forgotten most of what I learned.
just trying to help
thanks much appreciated for everything you guys do.
I've just installed the 2007-04-01 SVN build and I still can't get the tv.com scraper to work. This is the third version I try after support for multiple scrapers was added, and the symptom is the same every time: It scans the series information, but of all my shows, it finds *one* episode:

Season 4, episode 4 of CSI.

All my television series and movies are stored on a samba server, and with xbmc as a samba client, I organize my series as follows:

tv/Series Name/#x## Current season episode titles.ext
tv/Series name/Season #/#x## Previous season episode titles.ext

Example:

tv/CSI/Season 4/4x01 Assume Nothing.avi
tv/CSI/Season 4/4x02 All for Our Country.avi
tv/CSI/Season 4/4x03 Homebodies.avi
tv/CSI/Season 4/4x04 Feeling the Heat.avi
tv/CSI/7x01 Built to Kill (Part 1).avi
tv/CSI/7x02 Built To Kill (Part 2).avi
tv/CSI/7x03 Toe Tags.avi
tv/CSI/7x04 Fannysmackin'.avi
[..]
tv/24/Season 1/1x01 12am-1am.avi
tv/24/Season 1/1x02 1am-2am.avi
tv/24/Season 1/1x03 2am-3am.avi
tv/24/Season 1/1x04 3am-4am.avi
tv/24/6x01 6am - 7am.avi
tv/24/6x02 7am - 8am.avi
tv/24/6x03 8am - 9am.avi
tv/24/6x04 9am - 10am.avi

What makes

tv/CSI/Season 4/4x04 Feeling the Heat.avi

different from the rest ? Rolleyes

I still haven't been able to appreciate the Televison database functionality, so any pointers would be appreciated.
Hi,

This is my first post so I'll try and make it helpful.

Firstly - loving XBMC its awesome - thanks to everyone who works on it.

I have been able to get the new episode functionality to work very succesfuly, including 24 which is one of the ones you're having trouble with. I think your problem is in the naming of your files. I think the regex cant decipher your epsiode filename because it needs a seperator at the beginning of the epsiode file name ie:

TV/24/Series 1/24 - S01E01 - 8am - 9am.avi

I've named mine with the show name first as recomennded earlier on in the thread to make the seperator a bit more logical. I've had alot of success using this format for series of Friends, Band fo Brothers etc.

Hope thats helpful.
There should be no need to add the Show name to the front, totaly redundant and defeats the purpose for having a logically formatted folder structure. If that is required then why have a folder structure at all?

There are a ton of us that use the folder structure like such, I wish XBMC could properly use it...

Category \ Type (Comedy, Drama, etc)
|- Show Name
|- Season
|- File (Episode # <dash> Episode Name)

... logical, easy to impliment and WORKS with the XBOX file structure; the "recommended" DOES NOT!?
I'm not an expert but I play one at work.
It can use any structure you like - you just have to setup the regexp.

It's not hard - if you can't work it out yourself, using the many tips and hints already given in this thread and others then specify your exact file layout (with example files) and I'm sure someone will lend a hand.

For instance, for:

Prison Break\Season 1\01 - Pilot.avi

then:

Season ([0-9]+)[/\\]([0-9]+)

will work just fine as a regexp. You can flashen it up a bit by checking to make sure there's no further slashes (eg in case ##/## is earlier in the filename) easily enough by adding [^/\\]*$ at the end.

Cheers,
Jonathan
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

Please humor me and explain where and how these regular expressions are to be added. I've looked at tvcom.xml and the regexps there look quite different. I've found some other references to a <tvshowmatching> tag, but I'm unsure where I'm supposed to include that. I've tried every xbmc build since multiple scrapers were added, assuming the much-needed support for Season folders had been added somewhere, but it's still not working and I'm realizing that I will have to do it myself :-)
  • 16(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
I want a "My TV" section (with a separate database)1