• 9(current)
Facebook-Media - Facebook Photo/Video Addon
macf1an Wrote:since you mentioned your other fine addons .. take a look at the pagination of the xbmchub forum Big Grin

Yeah, I'm not done working on that one. It only lets you view forums, threads and posts. Pagination requires some more regular expressions (along with posting, viewing private messages, logging in, etc...)
xbmchub was requested, so I started poking around at it and got some done. I figured what I had so far could get tested until I was ready to do more Smile
This should fix the remaining encoding errors, or I'm going to go crazy.

Get it here:

http://facebook-media.googlecode.com/fil...-0.5.9.zip
it's good Smile
a few notes:
not sure if the api has this as an option but viewing(and/or downloading) the "original" hi-res photo would be great

25 per page is way too low.. imo you should try to make this continuous..

slideshow always starting from the 1st picture on the page is a bit unexpected..and limiting it to 25 pix kinda sucks Smile
ATV2 4.3 8F455 Seas0npassed / XBMC 11
Samsung HT-P70 5.1 / Samsung WS-32Z419P
macf1an Wrote:it's good Smile
a few notes:
not sure if the api has this as an option but viewing(and/or downloading) the "original" hi-res photo would be great
What you see is the what is available.
From Facebook:
The source image of the photo - currently this can have a maximum width or height of 720px, increasing to 960px on 1st March 2012
macf1an Wrote:25 per page is way too low.. imo you should try to make this continuous..
I may be able to change this. I'll look into it.
macf1an Wrote:slideshow always starting from the 1st picture on the page is a bit unexpected..and limiting it to 25 pix kinda sucks Smile
The slideshow is not something I had control over in the past. I might be able to do it with the newest version of the JSONRPC api but I might not. Right now, to do a slideshow I have to download ALL of the images to a folder and play that folder. What would be best is if I could just pass a bunch of URL's. Trust me, I want it to work the way you do and have tried in the past. I'll see if anything has changed and try again Smile
It seems like the known bugs are fixed. I'll post this to the repo in a couple of days if no one else has anything to report.

If anyone has any bugs to report, let me know now! Smile
Don't know if you already had a icon.png for your plug-in but some one made new ones for all those scripts that didn't have one in repo

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?p=1...ost1007842
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
Martijn Wrote:Don't know if you already had a icon.png for your plug-in but some one made new ones for all those scripts that didn't have one in repo

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?p=1...ost1007842
Already have one but thanks. All my plugins have icons. I'm not sure what's going on in that thread :confused2:
When viewing photos/tags you can now use left/right to move between photos in the set. Tags display is reworked and is still a WIP (ie tags at the bottom of screen will hide the name)

There is now an addon settings option that allows you to set the number of photos to display in a set (previously you could only view 25 at a time.) Default is 100. I haven't done a lot of testing with different values.

Get it here:

http://facebook-media.googlecode.com/fil...-0.6.1.zip

PS: v0.6.0 was submitted to the repo and should be posted soon, though if you're reading this you might just want to get v0.6.1 from the link Smile
Version 0.6.1 created a bug that prevented backing out of the menu hierarchy.
Version 0.6.2 fixes it.

Get it here:

http://facebook-media.googlecode.com/fil...-0.6.2.zip
while full-screen browsing albums, if a tag has been detected in one photo - it appears present in all following after it (after pressing a key to reveal it)

another one - you select the first photo - you go to full screen, next next next...you reach photo X . You go back to the photo preview screen - still at the first photo.

how about pressing the "play" button for starting a slideshow from the full-screen viewing?

I hope are you pushing the caching mechanism soon..

have you thought about an option to show album likes/comments/descriptions like you can for single photos?

you should consider continuously preloading the images in the album and not only the visible on the screen - in large albums you can scroll very fast to the 50th image and wait a long time to see the previews, but if you are doing it on the fly, by the time you are on pic 20 - the entire album will be received. In other words - don't stop preloading after the visible images are drawn.

maybe even do the same thing for slideshows - instead of waiting for all images to load initially - just start showing them and load on the fly. just an idea..

profile albums are limited to 200 pix - knowing that, you can probably skip the slider and just load up to that number..I doubt someone will be needing only the first 5 images of every album they have..

btw loading albums takes forever ... 15-20 seconds at least
Changes:
Finished (basically) the photo/tags view
Added ability to start a slideshow from the photo/tags view (PLAY will start/stop and STOP will stop)
Slideshow option now uses photo/tags view for slideshows
Added a slideshow interval option to settings
Fixed lingering tags and issues when changing photo

Get it here:

http://facebook-media.googlecode.com/fil...-0.6.3.zip

macf1an Wrote:while full-screen browsing albums, if a tag has been detected in one photo - it appears present in all following after it (after pressing a key to reveal it)

Should be fixed in this new version.

macf1an Wrote:another one - you select the first photo - you go to full screen, next next next...you reach photo X . You go back to the photo preview screen - still at the first photo.

Added to the TODO. Might make it an option as some may prefer this behavior.

macf1an Wrote:how about pressing the "play" button for starting a slideshow from the full-screen viewing?

Way ahead of you on this one. In the new version, PLAY will start/stop the slideshow, and STOP will stop it.

macf1an Wrote:I hope are you pushing the caching mechanism soon..

I've got the whole team slaving away... oh wait, I'm the whole team.
Probably not soon. Even a simple mechanism is not so simple.

macf1an Wrote:have you thought about an option to show album likes/comments/descriptions like you can for single photos?

I think about a lot of things.

macf1an Wrote:you should consider continuously preloading the images in the album and not only the visible on the screen - in large albums you can scroll very fast to the 50th image and wait a long time to see the previews, but if you are doing it on the fly, by the time you are on pic 20 - the entire album will be received. In other words - don't stop preloading after the visible images are drawn.

maybe even do the same thing for slideshows - instead of waiting for all images to load initially - just start showing them and load on the fly. just an idea..

Currently all preloading that is done is handled by XBMC. Going beyond that is probably a lot more than I'm willing to do right now. My family needs to see more than just the back of my head sometime. Plus there's all the time I spend responding to forum posts Smile

macf1an Wrote:profile albums are limited to 200 pix - knowing that, you can probably skip the slider and just load up to that number..I doubt someone will be needing only the first 5 images of every album they have..

'Photos of me' doesn't have a limit so the slider stays, but I changed the default to 200 for the next version.

macf1an Wrote:btw loading albums takes forever ... 15-20 seconds at least

I just looked and there was some code that had to fetch the actual thumbnail URL that was (as I recall) a workaround for XBMC being unable to get it. I removed it and it seems the original problem is gone. It will be in the next version.
Great, I'll take a look at it later!

About the caching stuff .. TheBigPicture dev sphere has just introduced working image caching to his script - why not take a peek and maybe stea...uhm *cough* exchange ideas Smile There are a few caching/downloading scripts floating around the forum - not sure if they are OK for photos though..

about the continuous preloading images stuff..OK I get it, chillax.. you are too scared of coding around the XBMC stuff...it's fine - you don't have to bring your family in the picture to protect you..Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin
somehow I managed to stick one of my album names on the top banner instead of the default "ALBUMS" text.. When entering a second album - both names were shown with a colon inbetween. I can't replicate it again :\
Some notification for entering and exiting slideshow would be nice.. and since you've disabled zooming on pix - an aspect toggle switch won't be bad..most fb pix are 4:3 and cause black bars
no speed difference in loading albums Sad
would it be possible to jump to a tagged person's profile directly ?
macf1an Wrote:somehow I managed to stick one of my album names on the top banner instead of the default "ALBUMS" text.. When entering a second album - both names were shown with a colon inbetween. I can't replicate it again :\

I'll look at the code.

macf1an Wrote:Some notification for entering and exiting slideshow would be nice.. and since you've disabled zooming on pix - an aspect toggle switch won't be bad..most fb pix are 4:3 and cause black bars

Well, I didn't disable zoom, I'm just handling the slideshow myself instead of letting XBMC do it. That was necessary to have any sort of control over anything. I'll think about what I can do.

macf1an Wrote:no speed difference in loading albums Sad

I said the next version. Not the one your using. I changed the code after I uploaded the zip.

macf1an Wrote:would it be possible to jump to a tagged person's profile directly ?

Good idea - added to the TODO list - I'm gonna start calling it macf1an's todo list Smile
Changes:
Restarts interval when pressing prev/next or moving through tags during slideshow
Changed default photo limit to 200
Removed album thumbnail url resolving, should speed up albums display
Pop up notification on slideshow on/off

Get it here:

http://facebook-media.googlecode.com/fil...-0.6.4.zip
  • 9(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Facebook-Media - Facebook Photo/Video Addon2