will this zotac be suitable for xbmc??
HiSmile

just seen this zotac here fairly cheap and am wondering will it be sufficient for xbmc??
No. That box has Intel GMA 3150 for the GPU.

For XBMC to work well, you need an Nvidia based GPU. Those are more expensive because quite simply they are better....

yeah what he said. you need an ion this one or a revo 3610 on ebuyer.

I'd probably go for the zotac personally, I have two revos and they're great but the zotacs are nice looking wee pc's
cheers guysSmile

thought as much tbh, seems they've released a load of those zotacs just to confuse me!

i was looking at this one here, i think this is the newer model of the one you've linked to craig?

is it worth the extra cash? i like the blue colour you seeBig Grin

i've already got an asrock 330 netop thats getting rma'd so this will be my new lounge xbmc pc, then when the asrock comes back it can go in the bedroom or kitchen.

cheers again guys!
ThEgOg Wrote:i was looking at this one here, i think this is the newer model of the one you've linked to craig?

is it worth the extra cash? i like the blue colour you seeBig Grin

Its about the same. The blue one is ION2, the orange is ION1. For XBMC there are no differences between 1 and 2.

Get whatever you like best, as they are all ION.

the "orange" first gen atom&Ion zotac will do you just fine. if you want to spend the extra money you can also go for the "blue" box but there's not much of a performance advantage, and the live distro/linux XBMC *might* be a little harder to configure (HDMI audio etc.)
OpenElec Standalone --> Asus Chromebox 'Panther' --> Onkyo TX-NR709 --> Sony 55" X85C Android TV (also with Kodi!)
Asus Chromebox EZ Script
Kodi on Sony Bravia Android TVs
ok cheers guys, i think i'll stick to the earlier model then as i can't justify the extra £20 for a blue ring when it'll be in a cabinet anyway.

i have previously used live, but am now using dharma on top of win 7 64 with no probs so far so goodSmile

just need to get an ssd and some ram now then!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
will this zotac be suitable for xbmc??0