Addon to use windows screen savers
I wrote up a quick wrapper that allows the use of windows screen savers within xbmc.

Download here (source included). Just place the screensaver.win32scr folder in your addons directory.

Please post any interesting windows screen savers also Smile
marirs Wrote:I wrote up a quick wrapper that allows the use of windows screen savers within xbmc.

Download here (source included). Just place the screensaver.win32scr folder in your addons directory.

Please post any interesting windows screen savers also Smile

This is for the original XBox, right? The executable is .xbs ... it's been a while since my XBox days but that's an XBox executable, correct? Would be cool if we could get this for all the other platforms but something tells me that will be impossible since they are Windows screensavers.

Harry
No, its for win32. xbs is just a renamed dll (it seemed to be the standard with the other screensavers, so I just followed suit).
Question 
The download link is broken. Could you please reupload the file? I would like to try if this works for my electric sheep screensaver. Thank you very much. Smile

SlrG
/BUMP for interest

Also, is there any way to to this sort of thing with Linux screensavers? I'm searching the forums now but so far this is the only promising lead. I'd really love to get xanalogtv running for my XBMC box...

--bornagainpenguin
This is really interresting. Please fix the link!
bump
I would also like to be able to use a Windows screensaver in XBMC. I have plenty of nice screensavers (Album covers, fish tank, fireplace, etc). I would really like to be able to use them in XBMC, due to the lack of screensavers currently available.

Does anyone have a downloaded copy of this addon?
I'm interrested in this to, for my XBMC live install..
sorry guys, but I'm currently out of town, and so haven't had the chance to update the addon to the latest nightlies / eden. I will try to do it soon, but no promises.
marirs Wrote:sorry guys, but I'm currently out of town, and so haven't had the chance to update the addon to the latest nightlies / eden. I will try to do it soon, but no promises.

Thanks for the update! Hopefully you will be able to have some time to work on this again in the near future. Then all I'll have to do is hunt down a win32 version of xanalogtv...

--bornagainpenguin
Primary link is dead...

Could somebody plz post a new dl for this? I just built me a new HTPC, and I'd love to be able to wrap this around some screensavers. Big Grin
Just what I was looking for, but now the links dead...Anyone got a copy?
We need it!
Help!
Would love to try this out - possible to post new link?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Addon to use windows screen savers0