shutdown issue
Hi all!

I have a weird problem. If i use the power save function to set my machine to shut-down in 5 minutes for example. It shuts down and immediately reboots again. If i choose the shut-down from menu my self (from base-menu) it shuts down ok. Anyone got anything on that?!? Smile

In other cases, where is the functions for the both located so I can have a look what differs?

I’m running Dharma beta 3 standalone installation from live-cd.

Thanks in advance!

br,

Ravedog
a little bump-a-bump... really no one that have this issue? Its driving me mad not to be able to turn the darn thing off properly Big Grin

thanks in advance guys!

/Ravedog
FWIW the scripts that are used by the buttons are specified in DialogButtonMenu.xml in /720p under the skin that you're using.

I had a similar issue with Confluence which returned to the desktop rather than shutting the machine down when I clicked Shutdown. I looked in the above file and changed the buttonclick value(or something like that) to xbmc.PowerDown rather than xbmc.Shutdown. I just cribbed this from a skin which did shutdown properly. I have no idea where the xbmc.scriptname files live. Perhaps someone can explain.
changing shutdown to quit or vice versa should be an option you can select in all scripts, in settings i believe.

this seems like a different issue though so editing things may help i guess. are you using the default skin?
First of all, thanks a lot for the answers!

I’m using the live cd / standalone installation so I’m not sure where the skins files are either tbh. This issue is both on the default skin and on "night" (I thought the power savings setting was global?).

Just to be clear here, the machine shuts down, stays off for a second and boots back up again.

Anyone at all knows where the files are located for the skins and/or settings is located?

best regards,

Ravee
dubble, sry...
Okey... listen to this... i've been working with it both client and server support for quite some time and I never seen anything as stupid as this (don’t have much experience with this exactly but anyhow).

I use wake on lan to wake my computer up. After some fiddling around and alot of trying here I noticed that when ever I use wol (broadcasts 4 packages) to wake my xbmc box, it cant be shut down afterwards. Its like the magic packages bounces/gets replicated behind that bridge that the xbmc box is behind or the box's eth card goes bananas. Either way, I’m fairly sure that this is it and I’m about 10 seconds away from ordering a new router and hot plugs (to eliminate the need for a bridge).

Enough about that, thanks for the help guys. I really appreciate it!

br,

Ravee

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
shutdown issue0