[WINDOWS] Play from Windows context menu like any other desktop media player?
Lightbulb 
The standard way of opening any file in windows is to either double click on it or select "Open / Play " option from the right click option menu.

Although I have set the file association in Win 7 double clicking on it just opens the xbmc interface and one has to go through the whole lot of "clickings" to get to play the selected file.

If the file location is not already in the library the situation is aggravated further.

There is another EXTREMELY important feature missing. Being able to minimize the window to the task bar. If for some reason one needs to divert ones attention to any underlying running application one needs to switch xbmc off to work properly.
XBMC is not just an audio/video player. It is meant to be used as a media center meaning you open it browse through your collection and start the video you like without having to mess around with any folder structure on your harddiscs(I have my movies distributed over 4 harddiscs. Knowing which movie is in which harddisc is almost impossible).
Always read the online manual (wiki), FAQ (wiki) and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail Team Kodi members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules (wiki).
Please read the pages on troubleshooting (wiki) and bug reporting (wiki) before reporting issues.
press \ to minimize or start menu button to get out of xbmc but keep it running also i do bugger all clicking i think you are using it wrong

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[WINDOWS] Play from Windows context menu like any other desktop media player?0