[New Feature] Weekly TV Schedule (Script)
DannyDroid Wrote:This is so sick!

Being a UK user I have to wait ages to watch the new seasons of my favourite shows, and when they finally do come to the UK, I've already read what happens because some user on a forum forgot to add spoiler tags Tongue.

So when a show doesn't show up utorrent, I have to troll wikipedia and find out if it really didn't air, it it hasn't pred yet. With this, I wont Big Grin .

Also, instead of a skin, would an addon be more fitting?

And thank you for all your hard work <3 .

already an addon is used.
ppic Wrote:already an addon is used.

He's right, I used an addon to get the information then I just laid it out in a new window accessible from the home screen. I added a home screen button called "TV GUIDE".
To learn more, click here.
mcborzu also use it to highlight show when browsing library if show have next aired information Wink
Oh man, this is the type of presentation of tv guide info I always imagined!

One feature request to create a tighter sense of integration-- if it allowed you to go backwards in time a week or so, and allow launching the episode from the tv guide menu, that would be amazing. It would create a great single interface for watching recently aired material, and would turn the TV library into more of an archive.

To sum up, it is great to have this info so neatly displayed in XBMC (thanks by the way!), but having to exit and navigate to the appropriate directory in the library makes it feel a little separate.

If you could do that, and somehow do what a previous poster said, adding/removing shows from sickbeard etc, that would be amazing. I know sickbeard has no api right now, but in the future... That type of functionality would be way beyond any commercial product.

Anyway, sorry for all the asking for more when you just gave so much! looks great!
Love it !
Keep the good work Wink
mcborzu Wrote:I could never think it through in my head but I finally sat down and actually coded and figured it out.

plus to that ! list is ordered by airdate, so first item is the next to be aired !
igotdvds, that's a very cool feature.

btw: ppic, you're creating outstanding scripts.
ppic Wrote:plus to that ! list is ordered by airdate, so first item is the next to be aired !

I noticed that, great thought and implementation!

Check out The Carmichael - A Skin For XBMC

Check out Night - A Skin For XBMC

Check out Unfinished - A Skin For XBMC
I haven't read the whole thread, but what format do you need the episode info in for this?
midgetspy Wrote:I haven't read the whole thread, but what format do you need the episode info in for this?

All you need is the next aired script and a skin which supports it, which as of now, isnt one. Once I finalize the code, I'll post it for everyone to implement.
Is this project still alive?
branlr Wrote:...if it allowed you to go backwards in time a week or so, and allow launching the episode from the tv guide menu, that would be amazing...

This would be a great little addon, I have to secon branlr's request or hope. I would love to be able to go back a week or select a show and have it show the most recent episode.

Hope this comes to life, great work!
Setup:
HTPC: Acer Revo 3610 (openELEC 3.0.2) with Aeon Nox (4)
NAS: unRAID 5rc12a on an Intel 3GHz Core2Duo with 4GB of RAM and 5 2TB WD EARS Green Drives
Running: SickBeard, CouchPotato v2, Headphones, Maraschino, Plex and SimplePlugins
castortray Wrote:Is this project still alive?

Its not a "project". Its a feature in an upcoming skin that I am releasing. It exists and works perfectly, the skin just isnt complete yet.
igotdvds Wrote:All you need is the next aired script and a skin which supports it, which as of now, isnt one. Once I finalize the code, I'll post it for everyone to implement.

I think midgetspy was referring to sickbeard. What format do you need the episode info to be in to be able to use this with sickbeard integration.
thegamesdb.net - An open video games database.
scottbrant.net - Blog
igotdvds Wrote:All you need is the next aired script and a skin which supports it, which as of now, isnt one. Once I finalize the code, I'll post it for everyone to implement.

igotdvds Wrote:Its not a "project". Its a feature in an upcoming skin that I am releasing. It exists and works perfectly, the skin just isnt complete yet.

In the post, quoted above, you stated you would share the code so people could add to any skin they wanted - are you going to still do this?
I'm not an expert but I play one at work.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[New Feature] Weekly TV Schedule (Script)1