remote-command/submenu for one specific genre?
Is it possible to mapp one of the buttons on the remote to open one spesific movie-genre, f.eks "animation"?

Allso, is it possible to make a menu called "Moviegenres" or something, with submenus like "action" "animation" "children"....

If its possible, does anyone know what the command whould look like?

ThanksSmile
it's possible, but not very pretty. easiest way to do it is to favorite a genre folder, then look at the entry in favorites.xml and map the same to a skin button (or buttons).
spiff Wrote:it's possible, but not very pretty. easiest way to do it is to favorite a genre folder, then look at the entry in favorites.xml and map the same to a skin button (or buttons).

Ok, Il try that and se how it looks. The reason I want to do this is to separate my childrens-library from my adult-library, all in one profile. All the children movies would be under a coustom genre called "children" and adult movies under "adult".
Today I have two profiles, one button on my harmony-one for activating each of the profiles, and no logginscreen. That works, and looks very well, but I think Im starting to get addicted finding new and better ways to run my xbmcSmile
Maybe Il stick to my old well working solution. how do you guys separate your libraries?

Just an idea: could it be support for two(or more) separate libraries at the same profile in later releases of xbmc?

Edit: what would the command in keyboard.xml look like if I want to launch a favorite with the f1 button? This is my favorite from favourites.xml: <favourite name="Animation HD">ActivateWindow(10025,&quot;videodb://1/1/5/&quotWink</favourite>
joeranjensen Wrote:Edit: what would the command in keyboard.xml look like if I want to launch a favorite with the f1 button? This is my favorite from favourites.xml: <favourite name="Animation HD">ActivateWindow(10025,&quot;videodb://1/1/5/&quotWink</favourite>

You need something like:

Code:
<keymap>
  <global>
    <keyboard>
      <f1>ActivateWindow(10025,"videodb://1/1/5/")</f1>
    </keyboard>
  </global>
</keymap>

JR
jhsrennie Wrote:You need something like:

Code:
<keymap>
  <global>
    <keyboard>
    </keyboard>
  </global>
</keymap>

JR

Ok, I tryed that, but it didnt work. I guess I didnt put it in the right placeHuh

This is how my keyboard.xml looks like after i added your command:

Quote:<!-- Keymap for the keyboard shortcuts configured by MSRemote.reg -->
<!-- J. Rennie 23rd September 2010 -->
<keymap>
<global>
<keyboard>
<!-- Windows button: mapped to ctrl-shift-W by MSRemote.reg -->
<w mod="ctrl,shift">Notification(Key, Windows button, 3)</w>
<!-- Some MS remotes have the four coloured buttons. These are mapped -->
<!-- to ctrl-alt-1 to 4 by MSRemote.reg. -->
<!-- Red button: ctrl-alt-1: this is a placeholder -->
<one mod="ctrl,alt">Notification(Key, Red button, 3)</one>
<!-- Green button: ctrl-alt-2: this is a placeholder -->
<two mod="ctrl,alt">Notification(Key, Green button, 3)</two>
<!-- Yellow button: ctrl-alt-3: this is a placeholder -->
<three mod="ctrl,alt">Notification(Key, Yellow button, 3)</three>
<!-- Blue button: ctrl-alt-4: this is a placeholder -->
<four mod="ctrl,alt">Notification(Key, Blue button, 3)</four>
<f6>LoadProfile(joran og siv,['prompt'])</f6>
<f5>LoadProfile(Mathias og Niklas,['prompt'])</f5>
<f7>RunScript(script.xbmc.subtitles)</f7>
</keyboard>
</global>
</keymap>
<keymap>
<global>
<keyboard>
</keyboard>
</global>
</keymap>

Bye the way, your remotepluggin, I just love it!! It helped me a lot configuring mye remoteBig Grin Thanks a lot!
you don't append a new global section - you put it in the one that's already there...
spiff Wrote:you don't append a new global section - you put it in the one that's already there...

Thank you, that makes sense. Now its working.
joeranjensen Wrote:Ok, I tryed that, but it didnt work. I guess I didnt put it in the right placeHuh

This is how my keyboard.xml looks like after i added your command:

Bye the way, your remotepluggin, I just love it!! It helped me a lot configuring mye remoteBig Grin Thanks a lot!

The latest version, v1.1, includes a keymap editor!

Go to the addon settings, and in the Misc section enable "Update/install keymap editor". Now open the MCERemote addon, select "Edit keyboard.xml" and you'll be prompted to download the keymap editor.

Under circumstances that I haven't pinned down the download occasionally behaves a little oddly and you may need two goes.

JR
joeranjensen Wrote:Ok, Il try that and se how it looks. The reason I want to do this is to separate my childrens-library from my adult-library, all in one profile. All the children movies would be under a coustom genre called "children" and adult movies under "adult".
Today I have two profiles, one button on my harmony-one for activating each of the profiles, and no logginscreen. That works, and looks very well, but I think Im starting to get addicted finding new and better ways to run my xbmcSmile
Maybe Il stick to my old well working solution. how do you guys separate your libraries?

Depending on your skin you might be able to create a custom home screen button with links to various favorites in a sub-menu under that (Transparency can do it, so can some others). If you're simply trying to jump between genres then making each genre a favorite will get you there. If you want to do anything more sophisticated you'll probably need to explore the wonderful world of smart playlists.

Smart playlists are more difficult but you can do a lot with them. And, if you're truly addicted to making your own implementation of XBMC do things better (like me) then they're the way to go.

If on the other hand, you simply need to separate your kid's stuff from your not-kid's stuff then smart playlists are massive overkill.
jhsrennie Wrote:The latest version, v1.1, includes a keymap editor!

Go to the addon settings, and in the Misc section enable "Update/install keymap editor". Now open the MCERemote addon, select "Edit keyboard.xml" and you'll be prompted to download the keymap editor.

Under circumstances that I haven't pinned down the download occasionally behaves a little oddly and you may need two goes.

JR

I know, I use your keymap editor, but I couldnt find the action. After your last post in this thread, I guess this is the one "ActivateWindow(window[,dir,return])".
legio1 Wrote:Depending on your skin you might be able to create a custom home screen button with links to various favorites in a sub-menu under that (Transparency can do it, so can some others). If you're simply trying to jump between genres then making each genre a favorite will get you there. If you want to do anything more sophisticated you'll probably need to explore the wonderful world of smart playlists.

Smart playlists are more difficult but you can do a lot with them. And, if you're truly addicted to making your own implementation of XBMC do things better (like me) then they're the way to go.

If on the other hand, you simply need to separate your kid's stuff from your not-kid's stuff then smart playlists are massive overkill.

I will take a look at smart playlists, I never realy explored that feature of xbmc.
I like messing around with xbmc and all of its coustomization possibilitys, but my girlfriend doesntSmile I guess Im not the only one having that "problem".
legio1 Wrote:If you want to do anything more sophisticated you'll probably need to explore the wonderful world of smart playlists.

Ok, now Ive made a couple of smart playlist. I added them to my favorites, and made menubuttons for both of them. When i click on one of those buttons, the playlist directly starts to play.
But, what I want, is to browse the movies inside the playlist, not play the playlist. Is that possible? Im running the transparency skin.
joeranjensen Wrote:Ok, now Ive made a couple of smart playlist. I added them to my favorites, and made menubuttons for both of them. When i click on one of those buttons, the playlist directly starts to play.
But, what I want, is to browse the movies inside the playlist, not play the playlist. Is that possible? Im running the transparency skin.

Yes it is. You just need to know the detail I forgot to mention Blush

How it's done depends on which version of T! you're using. If you're using the SVN release of Transparency! it's easy. If you're using the "stable" release...it's not.

SVN
There's an option under:
1) Settings
2) Skin Settings
3) Home Window
4) Play playlists in submenus
If it's selected (the default) you get the behavior you're seeing. If not, then clicking on the menu item you've created will open the list for browsing. One thing to remember is this switch works when the menu item is created. So if you have it selected when the menu item is created it will play the playlist even if you later unselect this option. Basically once you deselect the option you have to recreate the menu item (not the smart playlist and the favorite, just the menu item).

Stable release
To make this change in the stable release you have to edit custom_DialogFavourites.xml manually. The file is in the 720 folder within the Transparency folder. Once you find it, search for
Code:
RunScript(script.favourites,playlists=play)
and change it to
Code:
RunScript(script.favourites,playlists=window)
Then you go back into XBMC and recreate your menu item. Basically you've just manually (VERY manually) done the equivalent of deselecting "Play playlist in submenus". Of course if you want to make it a little easier on yourself, just install the SVN release.

At some point ronie will release a "stable" update to T! that includes this option but until then you either get the SVN or make the manual edit.
Quote:Stable release
To make this change in the stable release you have to edit custom_DialogFavourites.xml manually. The file is in the 720 folder within the Transparency folder. Once you find it, search for
Code:

RunScript(script.favourites,playlists=play)

Now I did this and it workedSmile thanks

Another question: Do you know how I remove the "go back" icon (the cursor), I only want the movieposters to show. If you know what I mean..

Edit: I found out how to do this.
joeranjensen Wrote:Now I did this and it workedSmile thanks

Another question: Do you know how I remove the "go back" icon (the cursor), I only want the movieposters to show. If you know what I mean..

Edit: I found out how to do this.

There is a way to remove the 'go back' icon? Please tell me how.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
remote-command/submenu for one specific genre?0