Current Version : 2.0.7 (Frodo, Eden & Dharma) from Angelscry's Repository 1.2.2 or Direct Download
Advanced Launcher allows you to start any Linux, Windows and OS X external applications (with command line support or not) directly from the XBMC GUI.
Advanced Launcher also give you the possibility to edit, download (from Internet resources) and manage all the meta-data (informations and images) related to these applications.
screenshot 1 : Advanced Launcher categories display (Arcades, Comics, Console, PC Games, Websites, etc...) with Xperience More skin.
screenshot 2 : Nintendo DS launcher using DeSmuME emulator (Windows) with Metropolis skin.
Addon Features :
- Run Windows, Metro, Linux and OSX applications with auto-suggested arguments.
- Start any file from specified directory using selected application.
- Collect informations of applications and images and using internal module scrapers
- Folder recursive scan option for new added items (with images and data collect options).
- 3 collect options : manual, semi-automatic and automatic.
- Add, remove and edit options of applications directly from XBMC GUI
- Thumbnails and Fanarts images support.
- Sort launcher into custom categories.
- Search applications and items by name, genre, studio, platform and release date.
- XBMC built in functions support for launchers.
- Multi-disc selection support.
- Automatic and Manual data Import/export with .nfo files (compatible with RCB addon)
- Games : AllGame, GameFAQs, MobyGames, arcadeHITS and TheGamesDB databases.
- Comics : ComicVine database.
- Images : Google Images and HTBackdrops search engine.
- Games : GameFAQs (back covers) database.
screenshot 3 : Pc games launcher using .lnk files support (Windows) of Advanced Launcher with Cirrus Extended skin.
screenshot 4 : Comics reader launcher using qcomicbook application (Linux) with .cbr files with Aeon Nox skin.
Advanced Launcher Updates :
- Fix No fanart message display.
- Fix change category display.
- Fix audio sound loop when starting an application,
- Fix AudioEngine hog (thanks to fritsch and Nortin).
- Fix ComicVine scraper.
- Fix category assignment for files launcher creation.
If you obtain a script error message when using Advanced Launcher, please post here (using pastebin service) the content of the xbmc.log file just after the error occurred. This file contain the information concerning the script error, that will help to quickly identify the problem. If Advanced Launcher is not able to start correctly an application, when reporting your problem, please post here (using pastebin service) the content of the launchers.xml file. This file contain the information concerning your launcher configuration, that will help to quickly identify the problem.
screenshot 5 : Internet browser launcher using chromium application (Linux) with .html files with Fusion skin.
screenshot 6 : Magazine reader using Acrobat Reader application (Windows/Linux) with .pdf files with Cirrus Extended v3 skin.
Skins supporting Advanced Launcher :
Basically, all the skins are working and are compatible with Advanced Launcher. But not all the skin are supporting all Advanced Launcher features (aka. display of all the metadata managed by Advanced Launcher). You will found here a table with the list of skins supporting (or not) Advanced Launcher : http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Com...n_features.