• 400(current)
[CLOSED] Advanced Launcher - Applications Launcher Addon for XBMC
Solved it, had to do with an old setting under settings, apperance, skin, settings, Custom Home, Custome Favorite1 under Setfavorite Testing , I noticed the old value of PlayMedia was still there, even after I had changed it in the favorites.xml to Runplugin, so going in there seemed to make the skin read the favorite.xml file again and it updated itself to the new value of Runplugin , and now it works as it should

forgot to mention I am using the Neon skin btw

Thanks
(2014-06-24, 15:32)Angelscry Wrote:
(2014-06-24, 05:57)Bedwyr Wrote: Ah. Yes, the full paths did work. Is the lesson that Advanced Launcher and/or XBMC not play nice with working directory or changing directories?

Edit: Thanks very much!
When you start RetroArch manually the working directory is the directory where is located the Retroarch executable. When you start RetroArch from XBMC the working directory is the directory where is located the XBMC executable. So... to avoid any kind of problem, the best way it always to use absolute paths instead of relative paths.

Weird, I use relative paths and it just works:

Code:
<application>C:\Emulators\RetroArch\retroarch.exe</application>
<args>"%rom%" --config config\htpc-leo\htpc-leo.cfg --appendconfig config\htpc-leo\htpc-leo_default.cfg -D -L libretro\nestopia_libretro.dll</args>

config and libretro are inside RetroArch directory

(2014-06-24, 05:43)Bedwyr Wrote: May I get some help and correction about the command line arguments I'm using for retroarch?

From cmd my current working directory is:

D:\Games\Emulators\Retroarch\

The command and arguments that work for me from cmd are for NES and SNES respectively:

Code:
RetroArch -c .\configs\nestopia_libretro.dll.cfg -f -L .\cores\nestopia_libretro.dll ..\NES\Roms\romgame.nes

RetroArch -c .\configs\snes9x_next_libretro.dll.cfg -f -L .\cores\snes9x_next_libretro.dll  ..\NES\Roms\romgame.smc

Assuming that I have Advanced Launcher configured correctly, what should be the correct arguments I should use?

Code:
-c \configs\nestopia_libretro.dll.cfg -f -L \cores\nestopia_libretro.dll "%rom%"

does not work and I thought I had the syntax correct. What am I doing wrong?

Thanks in advance for the help.

Your problem is the leading "\", "\" and ".\" are different, it works fine with relative paths for me
Will full MESS integration be implemented?

I understand that not all of the MESS emulators have been finished developed but it'd be nice to integrate it as the version updates come.
(2014-07-03, 00:31)hevers1981 Wrote: Will full MESS integration be implemented?

I understand that not all of the MESS emulators have been finished developed but it'd be nice to integrate it as the version updates come.
Advanced Launcher just starts applications and do not integrate any specifc program or emulator. So, I do not understand your question.
(2014-07-03, 00:31)hevers1981 Wrote: Will full MESS integration be implemented?

MESS is a MESS...
No point using it over RetroArch or standalone emulators for most use cases.
Sorry if this been posted but I tried to search for it using different queries, found nothing and this thread is 400 pages long! So instead of skimming through all the pages, I'll just ask here. Smile

Is there a way to have all roms from different consoles show up in the same directory? So instead of going to the default category and choose between different consoles, just go to the default category and find every rom there, independent of console.

I'd prefer to have it that way because, since I don't often choose between so many games, it's nice to have the few that I play regularly in the same place.
(2014-07-04, 01:58)guranbanan Wrote: Sorry if this been posted but I tried to search for it using different queries, found nothing and this thread is 400 pages long! So instead of skimming through all the pages, I'll just ask here. Smile

Is there a way to have all roms from different consoles show up in the same directory? So instead of going to the default category and choose between different consoles, just go to the default category and find every rom there, independent of console.

I'd prefer to have it that way because, since I don't often choose between so many games, it's nice to have the few that I play regularly in the same place.
Use RCB : http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=70115
Or if you have tons of games you do not play... just delete them. Advanced Launcher is dedicated to start thing, not to not start things.
Thanks for answering! Well, the thing is, I don't have tons of games, that's why I wanted them all at the same place, regardless of their platform.

And actually, I just sat down with this and came up with a solution:

I just created a launcher that I named 'All', then when asked to specify file extensions, I typed in all the different extensions from the various consoles (i. e. nes|zip|n64|z64|smc etc.). After that, I modified the advanced settings of the items so that the NES games starts with Nestopia, N64 games with Mupen64Plus and so on.

Works perfectly! And I'm glad it does, since I prefer to use Advanced Launcher, as it's a plugin and not a script. Better integration when not using a skin directly supported by RCB.
I can't for the life of me get it to get fanart / thumb for any games, the metadata info is working fine, and only thing im able to do is google . I'm talking for pc games.

Can someone tell me the exact info you use which works ? ( Either gamefaqs, allgame, thegamesdb [ none of them working for me ] ) Or pictures of the settings you're using?

P.s - i've double checked the databases and they do have thumbs and fanart for the specific games i'm looking for, they just keep saying no fanart found, no thumbnails found when there actually is
(2014-07-05, 05:44)zaidrockso Wrote: I can't for the life of me get it to get fanart / thumb for any games, the metadata info is working fine, and only thing im able to do is google . I'm talking for pc games.

Can someone tell me the exact info you use which works ? ( Either gamefaqs, allgame, thegamesdb [ none of them working for me ] ) Or pictures of the settings you're using?

P.s - i've double checked the databases and they do have thumbs and fanart for the specific games i'm looking for, they just keep saying no fanart found, no thumbnails found when there actually is
Scraping is based on items filename and launcher platform. Which platform have you indicate for your PC games? IBM PC Compatible? Does the items filename are sufficient explicite to be recognized by the database search engine.
Um, Pc Booter ? and yes, the items file name is not a problem because the metadata info is caught with no problems, i just have problems catching the fanart, thumbnails. Using the same scraper for all, GameFaqs

Edit : You solved my problem , ibm pc compatible fixed it!

Thanks!
Is there a layout that give the option for cover flow at all, also is there a way to set the aspect ratio of the fanart as it seems to be stretched to fill the screen?
(2014-07-05, 11:46)BlockABoots Wrote: Is there a layout that give the option for cover flow at all, also is there a way to set the aspect ratio of the fanart as it seems to be stretched to fill the screen?
That the skins you are using that manage all these aspects, not Advanced Launcher,
Hi Angelscry.

Something I've noticed about the scraper is that it very often gets confused by sequels such as the Super Mario Bros. II/2 or Dragon Warrior/Quest IV/4. This isn't a problem for me, but it makes me curious about how the scrapers work. Are they some kind of fuzzy system or does it work more like a regex search?

edit: I realize that what I just said could be taken as being rude. That's not intentional; I'm actually interested. I helped a friend create a fuzzy detection system to differentiate radio signal jamming for a software-defined-radio system (research project). It was my first exposure to the concept. And I use regex a lot to parse inputs to another algorithm.
(2014-07-05, 17:24)Bedwyr Wrote: Hi Angelscry.

Something I've noticed about the scraper is that it very often gets confused by sequels such as the Super Mario Bros. II/2 or Dragon Warrior/Quest IV/4. This isn't a problem for me, but it makes me curious about how the scrapers work. Are they some kind of fuzzy system or does it work more like a regex search?

edit: I realize that what I just said could be taken as being rude. That's not intentional; I'm actually interested. I helped a friend create a fuzzy detection system to differentiate radio signal jamming for a software-defined-radio system (research project). It was my first exposure to the concept. And I use regex a lot to parse inputs to another algorithm.
It was just using the online databases dedicated search engine results.
  • 400(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[CLOSED] Advanced Launcher - Applications Launcher Addon for XBMC24