[WIP] SLik-pvr a skin for XBMC PVR branch
Many thanks for this skin which is by far the best for me. So glad to have a PVR version working with my Mediaportal plugin. It works perfectly.

Can I ask though, is there a way to enable the pause button when viewing Live TV? It's there in the Confluence skin and works ok, just wondered if it's something I could amend to make it work?

Many thanks for the excellent work on this skin.
Bouff Wrote:Many thanks for this skin which is by far the best for me. So glad to have a PVR version working with my Mediaportal plugin. It works perfectly.

Can I ask though, is there a way to enable the pause button when viewing Live TV? It's there in the Confluence skin and works ok, just wondered if it's something I could amend to make it work?

Many thanks for the excellent work on this skin.

Nevermind, I've sorted it now. I can now pause livetv using SlikPVR skin. Big Grin
Hi,

Quote:I can now pause livetv using SlikPVR skin

I'm a little bit confused. As far as I know XBMC PVR doesn't atm support timeshift what means to pause live tv wouldn't work .. how long can you pause live tv ['cause there is a small stream buffer which is affected by pressing pause button] .. I guess you mean realtime pause and not pausing a recorded tv session ?! ... or it is a mediaportal related advantage 'cause XBMC seems to read the stream from the mediaportal buffer ?!

Greetz

LastCoder
HTPC Specs: Silverstone GD05B Case, ASUS P8H61-M LE/USB3, i5-3470S, GT1030, 8 GB RAM , 2 TB HDD, iHOS104 BluRay Drive, TT DVBS2-1600, Sony PS3 BD Remote control
PS3 BD Remote Control Daemon for Kodi/Linux
UNCHAINED Demo Group
LastCoder Wrote:Hi,

I'm a little bit confused. As far as I know XBMC PVR doesn't atm support timeshift what means to pause live tv wouldn't work .. how long can you pause live tv ['cause there is a small stream buffer which is affected by pressing pause button] .. I guess you mean realtime pause and not pausing a recorded tv session ?! ... or it is a mediaportal related advantage 'cause XBMC seems to read the stream from the mediaportal buffer ?!

Greetz

LastCoder

I don't claim to know much about it to be honest but it seem to work (I have only paused for 15 mins max with no errors).

I think you could be right in that, I have the Mediaportal TV server installed (and the plugin for XBMC) so in effect I think XBMC is just reading the stream off the hard disk. Therefore it acts the same as playing a normal video!?
Just for a little clarification I have been told by dushmaniac/opdenkamp to not include it in any of my skins because its purely a side effect of something else and will only cause headaches for him in support. When he says its fine I will look into it for Confluence,Slik and PM3.HD which are my only skins with PVR support
Bouff Wrote:I don't claim to know much about it to be honest but it seem to work (I have only paused for 15 mins max with no errors).

I think you could be right in that, I have the Mediaportal TV server installed (and the plugin for XBMC) so in effect I think XBMC is just reading the stream off the hard disk. Therefore it acts the same as playing a normal video!?

I don't think it is Mediaportal related. I am using For the Record backend and I can also pause a live tv channel and continue watching later from the moment I paused.
with TVHeadEnd pausing LiveTV doesn't work, simply 'cause TVHeadend doesn't support timeshift atm and XBMC PVR won't provide it as a client side function (there is a thread about that in this forum) .. this has to be managed by the TV Servers .. so maybe Argus ForTheRecord uses like mediaportal a (timeshift) buffer which is read through the XBMC Addon with that side effect ..

"MediaPortal TSReader: Windows client for the MediaPortal v1.1.x/v1.2.x TV server. This version can read directly from the MediaPortal Timeshift buffer files and does not use RTSP streaming via XBMC's ffmpeg library."
(http://www.scintilla.utwente.nl/~marcelg...build.html)
HTPC Specs: Silverstone GD05B Case, ASUS P8H61-M LE/USB3, i5-3470S, GT1030, 8 GB RAM , 2 TB HDD, iHOS104 BluRay Drive, TT DVBS2-1600, Sony PS3 BD Remote control
PS3 BD Remote Control Daemon for Kodi/Linux
UNCHAINED Demo Group
Hi JezzX, another aussie using your skin here... i like the simplicity, and how seamlessly the TV stuff is incorporated. I have one question. Is there any way to show the recorded date on the "recordings" screen when ordered by show? If you record a weekly show with the same name, it is often difficult to determine which one is next for viewing. Also, gotta figure out how to put the channel icons in there. Cool stuff...
short answer no idea long answer may look into it Smile
Cool, which ever way it goes... i ordered by date, which gives the same sort of result, the shows are jumbled up, but atleast you can tell which is the earlier recordings Smile Thanks again, another evenings viewing bookended by a great xbmc skin!
Nice, clean skin. Only problem I got is that it seems to not like umlauts and special chars.

Examples (check description on the bottom):

Image Image

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[WIP] SLik-pvr a skin for XBMC PVR branch0